Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/22/2005 10:50:39 AM EDT
Have had 2 ar-15 for 4 years and nevr looked at them...OK I;m playing with them now...What to do with mags...Have alot of 20 and 30 round...I looked and alot are adventurline...I am interested in function...What else in a mag....?....DUH....What would you do to these mags...I have maybe 100 of each......All G.I.....Thanks Charlie
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 11:38:36 AM EDT
[#1]
AdventureLine is USGI.

They are good to go and they should be reliable.

WIZZO
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 11:38:42 AM EDT
[#2]
i would sell the 20's to me for a really cheap price,

other than that i would just use them
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 12:25:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Why sell them?.... are the hard to come by?...For a couple years I bought all I saw at gun shows because I had been told GI were GUD...OK from your post 20's are better?
Any old savy G.I.s out there.....tell me the scoop
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 1:51:23 PM EDT
[#4]
At the top of this forum are some great FAQs.  The ranking thread by Troy is apropos.  

20s are great..........30s are great.  Use whichever you like, but aluminum USGI spec are considered both definitive and the minimum standard by most.  Sounds like you are very well set.

FWIW, I use 20s and 30s.  And some are old "pre-ban" and some are newer.

I used 30s that had the now passe black followers long before I ever heard of this site and green followers.  I should be ashamed of myself for forcing all those rounds to their death by way of  black plastic.  Funny, but they never complained............or tipped.

As for 20s most seem to prefer the old mags with alloy followers..........but then, the new ones with plastic followers work every bit as well.  I even have some curved 20s inbound.  We'll see.  

Sam  
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 2:33:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Ok...get new springs and green follers for the 30 round and just use the 20 rounders...Is that what you said?
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 2:41:07 PM EDT
[#6]
I would want the very best if I were going to the sandbox, or similar.  But otherwise, no, I wouldn't bother unless I was having a problem.  Maybe upgrade a few for SHTF at home.  My point was that I did not ever have a problem with the black followers in 30s or non-alloy followers in 20s.  Leave the Adv. 20s alone, they're likely perfect.  

But test them before trusting them for anything serious.

Sam
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 3:21:22 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I would want the very best if I were going to the sandbox, or similar.  But otherwise, no, I wouldn't bother unless I was having a problem.  Maybe upgrade a few for SHTF at home.  My point was that I did not ever have a problem with the black followers in 30s or non-alloy followers in 20s.  Leave the Adv. 20s alone, they're likely perfect.  

But test them before trusting them for anything serious.

Sam

Ditto on that. 8 years in the Army and never had one problem with the blck followers and never heard or seen the GREENIES.  I think the Green Followers were invented by the Goverment because a friend owned a manufacturing plant and needed some work. Probably a senators sons friend
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top