Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/22/2005 4:02:37 AM EDT

I used the search and went through the 5 pages available right now. Are alloy followers available anywhere?

Link Posted: 8/22/2005 8:58:20 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 10:04:41 AM EDT
[#2]
Keep an eye open at some gunshows.

I got 17 of them for $.10 a piece. Actually, I got 10 of them for $.10 apiece, and since I knew the guy, he gave me the rest of them.

A little polishing work with the dremel and they look like new. They work 100% so far in my NHMTG straight 20rders.

WIZZO
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 4:52:03 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Keep an eye open at some gunshows.

I got 17 of them for $.10 a piece. Actually, I got 10 of them for $.10 apiece, and since I knew the guy, he gave me the rest of them.

A little polishing work with the dremel and they look like new. They work 100% so far in my NHMTG straight 20rders.

WIZZO

Over the past couple of years I've been gradually refurbing my 20 round mags with new springs, refinished bodies, floorplates, and cleaned/deburred alloy followers.

They've been turning out great and function 100%:

Link Posted: 8/22/2005 4:58:30 PM EDT
[#4]
I've relegated my older (read actual vintage mags) to the back burner and I've been using my new retro mags much more nowadays.

I don't have to refinish, re-spring, or re-floorplate anything that way

WIZZO
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 6:42:08 PM EDT
[#5]
John Masen is making them.  I have no experience with them, but here's a link:

www.johnmasen.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=J&Product_Code=1509&Category_Code=AA
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top