Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/16/2005 9:34:58 AM EDT
 I have some Thermold/Master Molder 20 rnd Mags that are not reliable.  I was wondering if I replaced the spring and follower if that would correct the problem?  Is there a difference in the follower of a 30 rnd mag vs a 20 rnd mag?  I had thought about replacing the followers with new      30 rnd green followers. Thanks.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 2:17:51 PM EDT
[#1]
what kind of problems are you having with them?
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 5:48:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 7:14:52 AM EDT
[#3]
They sometimes fail to feed properly.  It appears that the follower tilts too much and the spring seems a little weak compared to USGI TYPE 20 RND MAG.  That was why I thought about replacing the follower with a Green type USGI follower.  Thanks for the reply.  I also wonder if Thermold is still in business?  I searched for a web site but could not locate them on the web.  Thanks, Greg.  
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 12:51:59 PM EDT
[#4]
try some wolf +power springs and see if that doesnt help it.
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 1:26:28 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Thermold followers are non-standard and unaltered USGI followers will not fit.

-Troy

Hey Troy,

Has anyone ever "altered" a GF to work in a Thermold or Orlite? or is it just a non-issue?

No Expert
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 6:28:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 4:15:51 AM EDT
[#7]
cool, I figured you had probably experimented.

I was just thinking of the few Orlites and Thermolds I have, that if I upgraded all my followers at once, if it was possible. I like the thermolds and orlites for range use.

No Expert
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top