Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/12/2005 6:43:07 PM EDT
I just bought a Sabre Defence barrel so I've been surfing Talon's site and noticed that they have the black 30rd D&H mags everyone is going crazy for.

Black 30rders HERE

I thought I would throw this out there because Talon is a great place to buy from and I could give a heads up for my fellow ARFcommers.

WIZZO

EDIT: they are marked as seconds as they have been touched up with a permanent marker, but I'm lead to assume that they are still 99.9999% reliable.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 6:06:06 AM EDT
[#1]
I saw that. I wish I had some money. That is an awesome price and the black teflons are usually hard to find.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 11:38:57 PM EDT
[#2]
I am a Grey Teflon man myself

I will however buy some black ones if a good deal comes by.  
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 7:49:46 AM EDT
[#3]
For my SHTF mags I load my grey 30s with Q3131A and my black 30s with LC M855 green tip.

Quoting the oracle " it isn't a bad idea to keep a couple of magazines worth of M855 in case you need to make a long-range (300+ yards) shot against a "hard" target (a vehicle or other equipment)".
I love the Ammo Oracle.

Link Posted: 8/14/2005 8:29:54 AM EDT
[#4]
woot!  i bought a couple of em' today.  
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 8:49:35 AM EDT
[#5]
Is shipping/handling reasonable?

ETA. Free shipping. But couldn't get the quantity discount. Also these are factory "seconds". From their website:

"The black Teflon finish on these mags are considered "blemished" by the factory. The lot was discounted because of a blemished finish on some of the mags. Some of the mags have been "touched up" at the factory with a black marker. These magazines come with USGI Green anti-tilt followers installed. These magazines are marked "RESTRICTED LEO/MILITARY USE ONLY". They are brand new."

Still not a bad deal to use the blemished ones as range mags.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 8:57:04 AM EDT
[#6]
it looks like shipping is free.  i didn't order mine, i just got back from the gun show...  i payed a dollar more for each mag, but i still don't think that's bad...
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 4:27:22 PM EDT
[#7]
I just ordered these Friday, got them Saturday morning.

I have to let you guys know that these mags are tops.  The price is great (even if they are "blemished.")  I couldn't even find a blemish on mine at all.  Great looking and function perfectly.

Order all you can!

(They are listed on the EE.  You could go for hte discount pricing, but since there's only about 10 left, good luck.)
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 8:29:57 PM EDT
[#8]
Good to hear that they are in good condition.

I'm glad that I could pass this along to people that might not have seen it in the EE or on their site.

WIZZO
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 3:26:30 AM EDT
[#9]
Doesn't sound like there would be any function issues at play here at all, just imperfect finish. For mags to use, I can live with a few cosmetic blemishes so long as they work. Most of my hard use mags look like shi* anyway, some with the finish wore down to the anodizing. But the internals are in top shape, with extra power springs, green followers, etc. Again, looks are far down the list on the order of importance. Function is all that concerns me.

BTW, that's still a great price. Thanks for sharing.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 10:23:36 PM EDT
[#10]
I was just checking and I can't find them currently on their website.

Link Posted: 8/16/2005 11:03:02 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I was just checking and I can't find them currently on their website.

All sold out!

Supposed to be more in September though, so keep an eye on the site or the ad in the EE.

(Hell, bookmark it, I did.)
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 2:03:16 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
For my SHTF mags I load my grey 30s with Q3131A and my black 30s with LC M855 green tip.

Quoting the oracle " it isn't a bad idea to keep a couple of magazines worth of M855 in case you need to make a long-range (300+ yards) shot against a "hard" target (a vehicle or other equipment)".
I love the Ammo Oracle.

W/a twist
30 mags per AR  
10/30rd Black w/M193              10/30rd Gray w/M855               10/20rd Black w/75gr TAP
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 5:42:43 PM EDT
[#13]
And the gray ones were real nice also
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 8:05:16 PM EDT
[#14]
That's a great price-blems or not.

Hell, after a few trips to the range all of our mags are blems anyway-so what's the difference?
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top