Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/12/2005 4:06:11 AM EDT
I've got plenty 30 round mags, but I prefer to shoot with the 20's at the range or while hunting, & I need to pick up a few more. I notice Bushmaster sells the 20's with a slight curve now. These look like they would be good from the bench since they are a tad shorter. Any negative feedback on these? Also, is there another source for these mags?

Forgive me if this has been hashed out before, but nothing came up on my search attempts.

Thanks,
HS

Link Posted: 8/12/2005 4:40:41 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 3:43:48 PM EDT
[#2]
from what i understand, the curve was put in the mag to work w/ the 'green' followers. I have a few of the ones avail from Brownells and havent had a problem w/ them. 100% function.
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 5:13:54 PM EDT
[#3]
This pic should explain why curved 20's exist.

That 20rder has been reliable, but I like the old Colts, Adventure Lines, and Universals better. I also like the new NHMTG 20rders. They are an exact copy of the old 20's and they work well when you put alloy followers in them (yes, they worked well before I put them in too)

WIZZO
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 4:22:07 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I've got plenty 30 round mags, but I prefer to shoot with the 20's at the range or while hunting, & I need to pick up a few more. I notice Bushmaster sells the 20's with a slight curve now. These look like they would be good from the bench since they are a tad shorter. Any negative feedback on these? Also, is there another source for these mags?

Forgive me if this has been hashed out before, but nothing came up on my search attempts.

Thanks,
HS

www.bushmaster.com/shopping/magazines/Images/8448670-20.jpg

I have not had any problems w/ the curved 20s I picked up from CMMGINC last year.  IF you want straight try www.eaglefirearms.net/ar15_magazines.htm  $135 for 10 + shipping.  I also have these and have had no troubles.

FB
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 4:58:57 PM EDT
[#5]
I got 10 from DSG Arms, grey teflon and they work flawlessly. 20's do make shooting off a table a lot easier.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 6:51:18 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 5:28:30 PM EDT
[#7]
I bought a couple of black Teflon curved 20's from CMGI and like 'em, they are more convenient to use when shooting from a bench than a 30 rounder.

It's easy to install a Magpul follower in a curved 20 (don't even try doing that with a straight 20, it's not worth the hassle).
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 5:44:34 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thanks,
HS

www.bushmaster.com/shopping/magazines/Images/8448670-20.jpg

I have not had any problems w/ the curved 20s I picked up from CMMGINC last year.  IF you want straight try www.eaglefirearms.net/ar15_magazines.htm  $135 for 10 + shipping.  I also have these and have had no troubles.

FB

Thanks for the link to the straight ones!

My experience with some curved 20s from CMMG have been that they work just fine.  I'll probably sell them locally and replace them with straight 20s just because I like the looks of the straight 20s better.
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top