Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/9/2005 2:05:49 PM EDT
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 3:39:50 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't think the LEO markings either add or detract from the value of the mag. Find out what brand they are and check the Equipment Exchange to see what they are going for.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 5:00:48 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I don't think the LEO markings either add or detract from the value of the mag. Find out what brand they are and check the Equipment Exchange to see what they are going for.

+1

LEO mags don't have a premium on them. They are just like everything else out there.

WIZZO
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 5:12:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 5:17:41 PM EDT
[#4]
If they are the NHMFG or whatever mags then I think I saw them in the $10-$15 range at the last gunshow.  That's been months though.  Hmmm.  Better let someone more in the know answer.  I actually avoided them because I'm afraid I'll run into a bubba LEO or conservation officer who'll want to know what the hell I'm doing with LEO only mags in my hunting rifle.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 5:18:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Yeah, $14-$15 would be alright.

WIZZO
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 6:00:47 PM EDT
[#6]
I personally like the LEO stamp.  Some don't want anything to do with it.  

If they are brand new, $12 each should be easy to get for them.
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 1:57:20 AM EDT
[#7]
Some people will pay more for the stamping.

I'd give you a nickel more than average price for a similiarly unmarked USGI mag.
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 4:36:30 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

I hope you realize that the stamping makes them more tactical!
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 4:38:55 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I hope you realize that the stamping makes them more tactical!

lets trade, I'll give you 4 LEO marked and you give me 5 non marked
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 4:50:51 AM EDT
[#10]
They're not that tactical!
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 5:04:56 AM EDT
[#11]

I actually avoided them because I'm afraid I'll run into a bubba LEO or conservation officer who'll want to know what the hell I'm doing with LEO only mags in my hunting rifle.

+1

As a result I won't buy any with the LEO markings.
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 5:31:18 AM EDT
[#12]
To me they're not worth anything.

The local barney-fife laden department would shit bricks, and I just don't want to deal with it.  Especially now that I can get new non-marked ones.

If anything I'd mark them a buck or so lower than what the non-marked ones go for.
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 5:34:29 AM EDT
[#13]
The LEO would definately be worth more.....
In 30 years when they are quite rare that is.
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 5:34:30 AM EDT
[#14]
I love the LEO markings, they'll get harder and harder to find  as the months roll by.
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 5:41:06 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
The LEO would definately be worth more.....
In 30 years when they are quite rare that is.

To each, their own.  I definitely won't hold it against anyone, but I'm not saving a mag for 30 years or even a year so that I can make a buck.  Mine get used, stampings or not.  The stampings add nothing to performance, so it is a nonconcern for me.  Additionally, I'll have a bazillion mags by the time 30 years rolls around, so I won't be needing any more, LEO marked or not.  Adding even more, who's to say that in 30 years that the AR will even be the in vogue platform or the AR mag even in use.  That would be like hording M1 Garand clips, knowing that they will be rare some time in the future.  YMDV.
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 5:27:04 PM EDT
[#16]
Those mags, like anything else, are only worth what someone is willing to pay.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 5:58:14 PM EDT
[#17]
The LE marked mags are worth less than nothing to me...I want to forget the ban ever existed, and I don't want to be reminded of the ban by having to look at that LE-only bullshit...I avoid them.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 8:40:12 AM EDT
[#18]
I prefer the unmarked mags and would discount at least $1-$2 for LEO marked in the same condition.  I'm mainly trying avoid potential hassles if I'm stopped by one who doesn't know firearms law very well.  
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top