Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/4/2005 9:36:05 PM EDT
Are these mags worth $50?  I got a spam email from botach pimping these mags out.  Thanks in advance, and I'm sorry if this has been covered already.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 9:38:22 PM EDT
[#1]
They arent worth it.  I have one Ive been banging around.  It doesnt do anything that my GIs dont do at 1/2 the cost.

If you must, get one for the cool factor.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 9:40:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks, thats what I figured.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 9:42:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Just get some D&H teflons with Magpul followers and ranger plates. IMO better than the H&K's at half the cost.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 9:47:06 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Just get some D&H teflons with Magpul followers and ranger plates. IMO better than the H&K's at half the cost.

Some of the best advice on this forum was just listed above.  My Magpul modded GIs work flawlessly.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 10:07:02 PM EDT
[#5]
I've found my Magpul follower SA80 mags (after slight mods) work just as well, and sinc ethey are steel, are just as heavy.  Save the money, buy USGI and drop Magpuls in them....

Mandatory pic below.

Link Posted: 8/4/2005 11:38:46 PM EDT
[#6]
I got mine as a gift

I wouldn't have paid for one when I could get 4 Colt 30 rounders shipped for the same price
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 11:45:54 PM EDT
[#7]
The HK mags are nice, there's no doubt about that, but the price is like a punch in the jewels.

Personally, I've got a small number of  the "unreliable frankenmags", made using USGI mag bodies, Wolff extra power springs and Magpul followers and Ranger plates.  Someone here told me this will never work.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 3:03:31 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I got mine as a gift
I wouldn't have paid for one when I could get 4 Colt 30 rounders shipped for the same price

where can we find new Colt 30-rounders shipped for $11 each?

For casual shooters, the USGI's are the obvious choice.

But as with every product ever made, there are subtle ways to strengthen, enhance the performance, increase the reliability, or otherwise better the owners experience - so it is with AR15 mags.

The HK mags are the very best made mags available anywhere at any price.

But a Ford Taurus will take you to the 7-11 just like a Lexus 430 will.

Pick any product.....

Knives
Golf Clubs
Autos
wrist watches
carpeting
rifle scopes
weapon lights
BUIS'
FF Rails

You name it there is a middle of the road option that works fine, and there is a high-quality offering that is better.

YMMV
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 5:14:46 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 5:21:40 AM EDT
[#10]
There is nothing like a USGI mag.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 5:38:54 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I got mine as a gift

where can we find new Colt 30-rounders shipped for $11 each?

YMMV

where can you find the new hk's for 44$?
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 5:39:53 AM EDT
[#12]
handled the new maritime and the older mags and was not impressed and didnt feel it offered as much as the price tag.

Link Posted: 8/5/2005 7:29:19 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

HERE..........
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 8:17:25 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

HERE..........

out of stock and thats the older version if im not mistaken
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 9:15:50 AM EDT
[#15]
They seem a waste, and will add major poundage to your load if you have to carry them.....
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 1:39:14 PM EDT
[#16]
I will only use Center or Okay GI mags now.

I dumped all my D&H teflon mags after two (out of 20) of them broke the top rear spot weld after only a couple trips to the range.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 1:54:19 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

HERE..........

out of stock and thats the older version if im not mistaken

They are the new generation version

I have a few.

If I am not mistaken, you can tell the difference by the rubber core insert in the base-plate......which these have.

Of the dozen or so I have, none have the white lettering shown on many I have pix of.

Not sure what that means, just thought I'd throw it out there
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 2:07:04 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

If you want an opinion here based upon the many thousands of rounds we shoot weekly; the best results we get are with the mil-spec Colt mags made by OK Industries.  They just keep working.  

That's allot!

What happens to all the brass?

Danny  (the handloader)
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 3:54:13 PM EDT
[#19]
LW shoots Blackhills blue box..........and they leave it mounds at the range for the reloading scroungers!

If you are in or near VA, I suggest you get with Paul LW, help him turn the rounds into empties and pick them up!
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 4:19:00 PM EDT
[#20]
I've only seen and used one and it would not function right, every few round it would jam, it was extremely tight in the mag well and would not work in either my two Bushys or my friends Bushy(it was his mag) But remember, this was only one mag and I think it was just bad luck, as others have used them with good results, but I would just stick with USGI mags and magpul followers
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 4:35:52 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
LW shoots Blackhills blue box..........and they leave it mounds at the range for the reloading scroungers!

If you are in or near VA, I suggest you get with Paul LW, help him turn the rounds into empties and pick them up!

I'm in Va. and highly willing and capable of the extremely hard job of firing weapons. Experienced in scooping up and salvaging good brass to help save the enviornment....

For the children.

I have a dump truck too.

I volunteer!

Danny
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 4:45:34 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
From our experience, we have had mixed results with the HK magazines so much so that we no longer use them for function and reliability testing.  

If you want an opinion here based upon the many thousands of rounds we shoot weekly; the best results we get are with the mil-spec Colt mags made by OK Industries.  They just keep working.  

That can't be possible!  Redfisher says they are the very best mags available anywhere at any price!  You, the Marines who complain that the baseplate falls off when a 203 is used, and the people who complain that they rust must be wrong.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 4:47:48 PM EDT
[#23]
Contractor I worked for had HK around the corner so to speak and they gave us 50 mags to test, after evaluations were conducted for reliability and function we returned them with a kindly thank you.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 4:57:12 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm in Va. and highly willing and capable of the extremely hard job of firing weapons. Experienced in scooping up and salvaging good brass to help save the enviornment....

For the children.

I have a dump truck too.

I volunteer!

Danny

I know where the shop is as well.
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 4:40:28 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:
From our experience, we have had mixed results with the HK magazines so much so that we no longer use them for function and reliability testing.  

That can't be possible!  Redfisher says they are the very best mags available anywhere at any price!  You, the Marines who complain that the baseplate falls off when a 203 is used, and the people who complain that they rust must be wrong.

Now who are you going to believe?

The US Marine Corps, or Redfisher?  

I think you will find many professionals who will testify to the HK advantage, and a similar number who won't.

In simple terms.....a magazine is a mag body, a spring, baseplate, and follower.

If you enhance the quality of each one of those components you should end up with a "better" magazine.

apparently this is not always the case....

Link Posted: 8/6/2005 12:48:38 PM EDT
[#26]
"Internet Terrorists".  
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 10:06:51 PM EDT
[#27]
I love my HK mags. Definately better made than the USGI'S. I ve never had a problem with any of the HK mags. Very reliable. So far! All of my green follower USGI mags have been just as reliable though. Some of my older ones (10 years or older) give me problems once and a while.
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 3:04:40 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 5:14:07 PM EDT
[#29]
the issue with the 203 rattling loose the hk mags were with the first series, i have just gotten feedback form the desert wer ei shipped 8 2nd generation  mags to my buddy! he runs a 203 a lot and has no issues yet and has to keep an eye on those mags he says!   he also has said that a lot special people running around there with them as well. i have  been running a dz of the new hk mags without a hitch i shoot on average a of 500-700 rnds a week  and they have been flawless,

they are now my duty mags.
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 3:46:49 PM EDT
[#30]
H&K mags are great, ever sence I've got them I haven't had one malfunction due to a mag in well over 7000 rounds. Definatly worth the money.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 10:24:21 AM EDT
[#31]
I have been ordering them here for my guys, I get about 50 at a time and the guys fight over them they like them so much.

My only complaint is that they are a bit longer than a regular GI, so they don't fit some mag pouches well. But I have been carrying mine for 3 months now here with no issues.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 4:18:57 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
Sigurd if you have any D&H's with broken spot welds send them to us for inspection and we'll swap them or give you a credit for them... No BS.

Rusty, thanks for the offer but I no longer have the mags.
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top