Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/2/2005 8:19:55 PM EDT
Who is the manufacturer of AR magazines with stamp on floorplate "NHMTG S/42  Hartford,CT"
Is it U.S. made? How is its quality and reliability? Thanks.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 9:09:42 PM EDT
[#1]
It is made by NHMTG. They used to be Okay industries. They make mags for Colt and RRA among others. It is a USGI mag and IMO the best other than the teflon D&H/Labelles.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 5:34:55 AM EDT
[#2]
Yep, NHMTG are Colt mags.  Good stuff.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 4:43:02 PM EDT
[#3]

I bet a quick search would have turned up plenty of previous threads with tons of information on this topic, thus eliminating the need for this thread.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 5:37:34 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I bet a quick search would have turned up plenty of previous threads with tons of information on this topic, thus eliminating the need for this thread.

No way. I'm sure there is absolutely no info on NHMTG mags anywhere on this site.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 11:18:12 AM EDT
[#5]
www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=17&t=163158

all you needed to do was look at one of those tacked posts in this forum
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 8:57:24 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
It is made by NHMTG. They used to be Okay industries. They make mags for Colt and RRA among others. It is a USGI mag and IMO the best other than the teflon D&H/Labelles.

They didnt "used" to be Okay.  Okay makes these mags and marks them NHMTG.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 9:18:36 PM EDT
[#7]
I used to be Okay, but then I read that damn "EMT/fish in the butt "post a few days ago...

Sheeesh!!

P.S. I bought a handfull of those magazines from Eagle Firearms and they are excellent.
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 11:13:16 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 1:05:09 PM EDT
[#9]
The original question from what is posted has not been answered. The question of who is NHMTG, is still not clear?
One post says that they are a new company called NHMTG? Still don't know who that is.

Someone else says that they are Okay Ind. Mags, made for this company, and stamped NHMTG?

Still doesn't answer the question.

Are these Okay Mags?    Yes Or No.
If yes, then why the different stamp?

Are they making someone elses mags?   Yes Or No.
If yes, then who is this new company?

Are these Mags USGI, or Commercial, made by a GI Contractor?   Yes Or No.
If Yes, then we're back to the original question...

Who is NHMTG?
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 1:14:46 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
The original question from what is posted has not been answered. The question of who is NHMTG, is still not clear?
One post says that they are a new company called NHMTG? Still don't know who that is.

Someone else says that they are Okay Ind. Mags, made for this company, and stamped NHMTG?

Who is NHMTG?

These mags are manufactured by Okay industries.  They are marked NHMTG for the civilian market. They are USGI mags.  NHMTG stands for New Hampshire Marketing Trade Group?  I know the first 3 but not real sure about TG.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 2:22:14 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Who is NHMTG?

MHMTG mags are excellent mags, they are the only brand that I buy anymore.  The reason why they are marked NHMTG instead of OKAY Industries is because of Mr. Clinton.  Civilians are not allowed to purchase magazines made for the military which OKAY mags are so they get around that by marking them NHMTG.  I forget exactly what the letters stand for but I beleive that repub18 has it right.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 5:39:34 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Who is NHMTG?

These mags are manufactured by Okay industries.  They are marked NHMTG for the civilian market. They are USGI mags.  NHMTG stands for New Hampshire Marketing Trade Group?  I know the first 3 but not real sure about TG.

Or New Helvetica Mercantile Trade Group.

I can't remember. They are Okay mags, but since Okay has a contract to make mags for the government, they aren't allowed to also sell to civilians. They get around this by marking them NHMTG, but from what I've heard, nobody at NHMTG will admit to this.

They are top quality mags and you won't be disapointed.

WIZZO
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 6:54:34 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Who is NHMTG?

MHMTG mags are excellent mags, they are the only brand that I buy anymore.  The reason why they are marked NHMTG instead of OKAY Industries is because of Mr. Clinton.  Civilians are not allowed to purchase magazines made for the military which OKAY mags are so they get around that by marking them NHMTG.  I forget exactly what the letters stand for but I beleive that repub18 has it right.

Not 100% true...  D&H industries supplies mags to civilian hands and they are a DOD manufacture.  What cant happen is govt surplus of mags, meaning the govt selling mags to civilians.

If that were true we would not be able to buy a lot of products available.  I am sure sharpie's have a NSN # but that doesnt mean we cant buy them.  Same goes for AR parts.  uppers, gas tubes, barrels, sights etc.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 4:32:51 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Who is NHMTG?

[b]Not 100% true...  D&H industries supplies mags to civilian hands and they are a DOD manufacture.  What cant happen is govt surplus of mags, meaning the govt selling mags to civilians.

If that were true we would not be able to buy a lot of products available.  I am sure sharpie's have a NSN # but that doesnt mean we cant buy them.  Same goes for AR parts.  uppers, gas tubes, barrels, sights etc.[/
quote]

No, D&H isn't a DOD supplier of magazines.
Yes, Contract requirements do not allow overruns of weapon products produced under license from Colt (M16, including magazines) to be used for commercial sales. Overruns, rejects, etc must be destroyed, according to the contracts. These contracts are available on the web periodically for all to view. Virtually all the M16 parts are covered by these clauses.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 8:51:49 AM EDT
[#15]
Thanks to Clinton, almost all gun parts are no longer surplus-able. They are either used or de-milled because they can't legally be sold anymore if they are made on a government contract.

WIZZO
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 9:00:09 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Who is NHMTG?

[b]Not 100% true...  D&H industries supplies mags to civilian hands and they are a DOD manufacture.  What cant happen is govt surplus of mags, meaning the govt selling mags to civilians.

If that were true we would not be able to buy a lot of products available.  I am sure sharpie's have a NSN # but that doesnt mean we cant buy them.  Same goes for AR parts.  uppers, gas tubes, barrels, sights etc.[/
quote]

No, D&H isn't a DOD supplier of magazines.
Yes, Contract requirements do not allow overruns of weapon products produced under license from Colt (M16, including magazines) to be used for commercial sales. Overruns, rejects, etc must be destroyed, according to the contracts. These contracts are available on the web periodically for all to view. Virtually all the M16 parts are covered by these clauses.

Did I say they were a supplier?  No I didnt.  They might not be a supplier right now but they still get/have got DOD contracts.

Just because a company is a DOD manufacture/supplier it does not mean they can not sell their products to civilians.
I have argued with you before about this very same subject and you are wrong. archive.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=17&t=223919&page=1

Link Posted: 8/11/2005 12:50:02 PM EDT
[#17]
No arguement here, D&H has never had a DOD contract for 30 round magazines.
Further, manufacturers of LICENSED weapon components, made to Gov't provided (Licensed) specifications (virtually all M16 items) cannot be sold outside of the applicable contract to the Gov't.

Hotgun
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 12:53:59 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
No arguement here, D&H has never had a DOD contract for 30 round magazines.

Yes they have
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 1:01:43 PM EDT
[#19]
Please post the contract # or solicitation # to back up this claim.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 3:52:12 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Please post the contract # or solicitation # to back up this claim.

I cant find any Contract #'s for D&H, Labelle, or General Stamping as with Okay Industries and Center Industries.  Isnt that weird?  I cant find shit on either of the two "known" USGI manufactures/ suppliers.  I know they have had DOD contracts because I have heard poeple on this board and personally know people who have had or seen D&H, General Stamping and Labelle floorplates on their issue mags.  
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 3:54:01 PM EDT
[#21]
NHMGT is a subsidiary of Okay in my home state of CT. It stands for New Haven Manufacturing company.  New Haven is a city within CT and they are not really made in Hartford, they are made in Berlin CT.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 7:14:23 PM EDT
[#22]
Look at the body of the mag... 33710 is the CAGE Code for Okay Ind.  If the body is stamped 33710, it is made by Okay.

DAAE2099C0018 12/30/98 1005009215004 350000 $ 5.1700 33710 - OKAY INDUSTRIES INC
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top