Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/2/2005 5:01:45 PM EDT
    I figure this is the best place to ask so what do the experts think ???

I'd like to buy a good amount ( 30-50 ) of the highest quality 30's available to just simply store for my kid's to use in the future. I somehow feel that in 12-15 years they won't be so readily available ..

Thank's in advance.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 5:08:06 PM EDT
[#1]
If you are asking which ones............I would recommend the baked Teflon Labelles with enhanced followers

Those are terrific, and are the best this side of the HK High Reliability Mags

As for who or where?

There are occasional opportunities in the Equipment Exchange, and you have to keep an eye out

Don't load up on those "similar to the Labelles" as there is a measureable difference in them.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 9:37:40 PM EDT
[#2]
+1 on the teflon Labelle/D&H's.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 1:10:28 AM EDT
[#3]
+1 on the D&H/Labelle magazines. I have never had any trouble with these magazines to justify spening the extra money on the HK magazines. If you are anal, you could always get some USGI mags and rebuild them with quality springs and Magupul followers/Ranger plates and have a comprable/better magazine and be money ahead. Besides the D&H magazines, any of the current USGI contract magazines are excellent also. I have several LEO marked brand new Okay and Center industrides magazines which are excellent and look a little more authentic. Performance should be identical, but the teflon coating should allow the folloer to move freely with debris in the body instead of hanging up with a "gritty" finish.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 3:42:44 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
+1 on the teflon Labelle/D&H's.

+3

but i have not had any problems with okays which are slighty cheaper.

Link Posted: 8/3/2005 4:10:51 AM EDT
[#5]
No contest - Okay Industries
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 4:24:38 AM EDT
[#6]
Any of the Mil-spec magazines, from any of the makers, should be very reliable. Newer mil-specs with the green anti-tip followers may be slightly better than the older black followers.

Bushmaster says their mag's meet mil-spec, and there is a convinient link at the top of every ARFCOM web page.  

Link Posted: 8/3/2005 5:49:21 AM EDT
[#7]
go to the EE   there is a guy jeff who sells 30rd's   i ordered 3 dozen   nicer mags  and good price
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top