Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/31/2005 6:28:37 PM EDT
I am fairly new to the AR15 and just wanted to know if the 90 rnd mag. that MWG makes is worth having.  I have heard some bad things about the high capacity mags for ak-47s , so any info would be helpful.

THNX
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 11:43:09 AM EDT
[#1]
A friend of mine bought one and the most consecutives shots he could get out of it was around 4-5 before he had FTF. He sent it back and they replaced the feed tower and it worked fine after that. It is not like the Beta mag. You can't store it fully loaded. The company says around 70-80 rounds can be storeed indefinitely. He ended up selling it although the company stood by their product. I am not trying to bash the 90 round mag as I like the dealer here that sells them, Mounts Plus, but I wouldn't buy one. There are too many new 30 round USGI mags out there that can be bought for around 10-12 dollrs each. Spend your money on those. But if you do want a high capacity mag, get a Beta before you get the MWG 90 rounder.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 11:52:27 AM EDT
[#2]
I got one back  in the pre AWB days when they were $50 or so.  Had no problems with mine but then again I dont use it that much.  You can really only get 70 rds in it.  They give you a push tool to get those last rounds in.   I think they're over a $100 now, about 1/2 the cost of a beta C mag.  If that's the case spring the extra C note and get a Beta C
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top