Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/29/2005 5:42:48 PM EDT
I recently bought some black teflon magazines and will try them out this weekend.  What's the story with teflon magazines generally and black teflon magazines in particular?  Is this the current isse magazine?  If so, why are the old-style USGI magazines so plentiful.
Link Posted: 7/29/2005 6:34:11 PM EDT
[#1]
I have some black teflon mags which are marked as coming from DPMS, but I believe that LaBelle, or whatever they are called, make them.  I don't know enough to say it with 100% certainty, but I think that the "new" LaBelles, DPMS, and Bushmasters are all made by the same company.

Link Posted: 7/29/2005 6:39:14 PM EDT
[#2]
What are your experiences with these mags?
Link Posted: 7/29/2005 8:22:34 PM EDT
[#3]
They are D&H mags and are not issued mags. USGI mags are not teflon coated..... HOWEVER other than the teflon coating in place of dry film they are exactly the same as USGI mags. The govt uses dry film not teflon. So in short they are USGI mags but with an improved finish. They hold up better than dry film and drop free easier from tight magwells as well. IMO the best mags you can buy other than maybe the ridiculously expensive H&K mags. Also the black teflon is super sweet Labelle was bought by D&H. D&H now uses all of Labelle's tooling to build the mags. They are available in black or gray teflon and they also do dry film for the govt as well. You don't see many non teflon D&H's due to the simple fact that most manufacturers and dealer that have D&H make mags for them want the superior teflon finish. Bushmaster, Armalite and DPMS as well as other manufacturers use D&H mags as well as many top notch dealers such as Bravo Co. and Larsen Firearms. I have never had a single problem with a D&H mag. They are all I will buy from now on.
Link Posted: 7/29/2005 9:02:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Labelle became General Stamping which became D&H.

This company made black and gray teflon coated mags under their own labels, and for Bushmaster and DPMS.

Regardless of the name on the floorplate, they all came out of the same building.
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 10:47:59 AM EDT
[#5]
I bought a bunch from a dealer here and am very happy with D&H teflon mags, no complaints at all. Big plus 1. I use them in several different Colt ARs [I know you drink Cool-aid] and they fit nicely, feed well and drop free. Thinking about getting a few more.
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 12:19:39 PM EDT
[#6]
These black teflon mags go well with Kool-Aid!
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 1:52:21 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
What are your experiences with these mags?

I have 5, they have been 100%.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 10:53:07 AM EDT
[#8]
I have a dozen and they all work great.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 11:15:05 AM EDT
[#9]
i have 6 and so far i have only had a chance to empty them twice each and they all work fine.

Somewhere i have seen a picture of some marines in iraq, one with a badly worn finish black teflon mag in their M-16, the rest you could not see the mags.
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top