Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/28/2005 7:12:22 PM EDT
I recently purchased some HK 30 round magazines and am curious if it will damage them in any way if I  stored them loaded.  I store my weapon and 8 mags in a pelican case.  Will it hurt the mag in any way by storing them loaded?  Will it decrease the life of the spring or anything else?  Thanks in advance for any help or info!
Link Posted: 7/28/2005 7:13:36 PM EDT
[#1]
no
loading and unloading mags is what weakens springs.
Link Posted: 7/28/2005 7:28:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Great!

Thanks alot for the reply!
Link Posted: 7/29/2005 12:12:17 AM EDT
[#3]
for $50-60 they should come with lifetime lasting springs.

Link Posted: 7/29/2005 4:39:07 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

For that price they had better do all those things for you that your girlfriend won't!

I was thinking dishes and laundry and stuff.
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 6:05:56 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

They are self-loading, Mine was empty the other day and I just looked at it and was full  
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 7:30:30 PM EDT
[#6]
It wont hurt them to be loaded but with them being steel storing them in a foam lined case may. It may also cause corrosion on your rifle as well.
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top