Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/27/2005 5:05:07 PM EDT
I have one of my Adventurline mags that is so tight in the mag well.  I measured with a caliper against other mags it is seems to be the same, but it is so tight.

I hate to throw it away, but it is not usable.  Any suggestions?  

77Bronc

Link Posted: 7/28/2005 5:13:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Did you measure it front-to-back?

I've heard that if the feed-lips are still good (and not spreading apart and causing the mag to swell) the next thing wrong is the actual front-to-back length of the mag.

If that checks out....use it as a target

WIZZO
Link Posted: 7/29/2005 3:23:04 AM EDT
[#2]
+ 1 on the front to back fit, usually the back edges along the rib is the culprit, use some magic marker on the back as a witness and put the mag in a couple of times to see were the tight spot is than use a ballpeen mag adjustment tool.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 8:46:32 AM EDT
[#3]
I had the exact same problem. Take the guts out, put it on the ground and step on the top of the mag. I did this to a mag some time ago, and it has worked ever since, although I use it as a range mag only.

Good Luck

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top