Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 6/10/2005 6:44:29 AM EDT
I did a search on this and couldnt find anything so i thought i would ask. Has anyone tried any of these mags. My local dealer has some and i checked them out they look good. They are identical to all my usgi mags as far as I could tell.

http://www.brownells.com/aspx/NS/store/ProductDetail.aspx?p=21225&title=AR-15%2fM16+HIGH+CAPACITY+MAGAZINES
Link Posted: 6/10/2005 6:47:34 AM EDT
[#1]
Guess what...

I nominate YOU to be the guinea pig!!!  

Buy a few!  The good news is, since it's Brownell's, you KNOW if there's anything wrong with them, they will make it right.  
Link Posted: 6/10/2005 7:23:04 AM EDT
[#2]
I still can't see any reason to not use USGI mags. I'm guess I'm just not adventurous enough to take chances.
Link Posted: 6/10/2005 7:28:20 AM EDT
[#3]
I like to support my local dealer as much as I can and he currently has these. I will try them out and see if they are any good. He has already told me he will take them back if I dont like them for any reason.
Link Posted: 6/10/2005 8:26:56 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 6/10/2005 6:59:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Brownells makes the claim that they studied the USGI mag and improved it.  Then they submitted their design to a proven manufacturer and thus their mags are great.

Anyone else, I wouldn't buy it for a second.  But brownells is a stand up biz and I have only heard positive reports of these mags.

I did hear that "Creative" is the actual manufacturer though.  Creative had some real problems with their name brand mags awhile back.

Bottom line: can't go wrong with USGI and if in a couple years the brownells mags prove true, then i might try them.
Link Posted: 6/11/2005 5:13:23 AM EDT
[#6]
I have a few of the brownells 20 round mags.  They work just fine! and were worth the money.
Link Posted: 6/12/2005 12:43:50 AM EDT
[#7]
Remember that USGI doesn't necessarily mean quality. It usually means the “lowest bidder" won the contract. There are a lot of USGI mags out there that don't work either, but I for one would give them a try. If you bought the mags directly from Brownells, you could always send it back if you weren't happy with them.
Link Posted: 6/12/2005 1:51:26 AM EDT
[#8]
Well i got a couple and they seem decent enough. They look and feel exactly like my usgi mags do. I was able to get 30 rounds loaded easily and it hand cycled fine, when empty it would lock the bolt and they came out easity when hitting the release. I will post another report once i get a chance to shoot with them.
Link Posted: 6/12/2005 11:57:46 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 6/13/2005 12:05:28 AM EDT
[#11]
I bought 2 Brownells 30 rounders.  They fit and function flawlessly.
Save the floorplate markings, I can't tell them apart from USGI.

I have them in my regular rotation and if SHTF I'd just as soon pick up those 2 mags as any of my USGI.

However, I don't see any advantage over USGI so for future purchases I'm going to stay with USGI.  
Link Posted: 6/20/2005 8:41:11 AM EDT
[#12]
Just got back from shooting and these mags performed flawlessly. If you can get them cheap enough with the discount you dont have to worry. However, usgi are going to be just as cheap.
Link Posted: 6/22/2005 5:28:32 PM EDT
[#13]
Have many, shot many, and all worked as advertised.  Good enough!
Link Posted: 6/23/2005 7:36:51 PM EDT
[#14]
I bought 3 of the Brownell 30 rd mags.  They fit fine and work great in my Rock River and Bushmaster rifles.   I will add a couple more to the collection with my next order form them.  
I can not tell the difference between USGI and Brownell mags except for the floorplate.
Good Luck
Link Posted: 6/24/2005 7:43:28 PM EDT
[#15]
I bought 4 and all perform 100% but I did replace the floorplates with USGI floorplates because the Brownells ones appear to be made of tin and bent like butter after their 1st disassembly.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 1:11:58 PM EDT
[#16]
I can get the Brownells for $12 a piece.  I trust the name and I trust them.  My question is where and how much are you guys getting USGI mags?  I haven't seen any good mags for under $20, and the gun shows aren't any better.  Hhhmmmm.......
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 9:47:07 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
I can get the Brownells for $12 a piece.  I trust the name and I trust them.  My question is where and how much are you guys getting USGI mags?  I haven't seen any good mags for under $20, and the gun shows aren't any better.  Hhhmmmm.......

Right here buddy

www.ar15.com/forums/forum.html?b=7&f=24
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 4:28:26 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Right here buddy

www.ar15.com/forums/forum.html?b=7&f=24

Thanks, I found this later.  Still didn't see any awesome deals.  I'll keep looking.  
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top