Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/10/2005 10:25:31 AM EDT
I just bought a Model 1 shorty upper for an AR/M16.  I bought a bunch of the DPMS/Gtech Frankenmags from various folks on the EE here.

Took it out to the MG shoot this weekend, and not a single mag would work.   I tired playing with the feed lip on one mag, it would only occasionally work, singles always than a jam.  A few times I would get two rounds before a jam.    GRRRRRR

I still have some of the all black no-name mags that I didn't bring, so I guess there might be hope that they will work, but is anyone else having feeding problems with the GTech/DPMS mags?    How di you fix it?

This thing looks like it should be fun, if..............if I can make it work.

Thanks
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 9:48:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Well, it may be the mags, and it may be the upper itself.  Try this.

Take a standard 20 round GI 5.56 mag and load 5 of the the 7.62 rounds into it.  That will duplicate the standard mag that Colt supplied w/their 7.62x39 pieces.  If the rounds all feed w/o problems, then it would seem that you do have mag problems.  But if you get the same malfunctions w/the piece, you need to talk to Model 1 about what they sold you.
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top