Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/10/2005 3:47:41 PM EDT
I just got in the new HQ Sportsmans guide and I see they have 2 new Ar mags I havent seem elsewhere.

Radway Green mags are listed at $29.97 per mag and are said to be made in England. They are Aluminum with plastic base. It does not say anything about these mags being issued to any country.
Never heard of them.

Also listed are "NATO-accepted" steel mags. $15.97.  They are claimed to be made in Taiwan under Colts license.

Anyone tried any of these?
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 4:26:19 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm far from an expert but I understand the Radways are somewhat collectible.  The baseplate removes more like an Orlite with a button than a USGI mag which I like for ease of removal.  They work well but are pricey.  If you like the easy removal of the baseplate,  go for it.   The question is are they worth 50% more?
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 5:46:52 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm also curious about those steel mags, they say that they're new nato mil. spec.
I heard that steel mags would ruin the mag well because it's aluminum, is this true?
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 10:00:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 11:32:12 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I'm also curious about those steel mags, they say that they're new nato mil. spec.
I heard that steel mags would ruin the mag well because it's aluminum, is this true?

I have some British 30 round steel mags and they work great.  A bit heavier than your typical USGI aluminum mag, but I don't think they will cause any problems.
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top