Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/10/2005 11:17:03 AM EDT
I have one Mag Cinch and like it.  Obviously it adds weight, but also doubles capacity.  Any other pros / cons (of any dual system, not specifically the Magcinch)?
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 12:10:32 PM EDT
[#1]
I have read that it is tough on the magazine retaining springs and lets dirt into the replacement mag. I still don't use them.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 12:25:01 PM EDT
[#2]
for combat probably good to go...for general use, not worth the extra weight
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 5:29:54 PM EDT
[#3]
I stopped using them a few years back. They worked great when I carried a 9mm subgun, but when I went to an M4, I noticed that the top round on the other magazine would frequently ride forward during double taps or full auto fire, and had to be stripped off or reseated during reloads, which can really screw up a timed reload.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 6:04:33 PM EDT
[#4]
They have this stuff called electrical tape. It makes like 20 mag cinch applications and it costs $3-$4. It sucks too. based on the extra weight and the dirt you get into the spare mag scooting around and humping it through the outdoors it's worthless. I don't see a large volume of time saved if you practice with good drop free mags (or magpuls) and a mag bearing pouches.

Link Posted: 1/10/2005 9:11:40 PM EDT
[#5]
The Redi-Mag works well. Has it's own retaining spring so you are not overstressing the guns mag retention spring. It also keeps the second mag covered and protected from dirt.
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 12:28:23 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I have read that it is tough on the magazine retaining springs and lets dirt into the replacement mag. I still don't use them.

Hummm! that would be 60rds on the 'magazine retaining spring', i wonder how that would hold up to my C-Mag. I would worry more about the extra mag collecting dirt than i would putting stress on any parts. Besides you could just get one of those handy dandy mag covers.
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 4:53:10 AM EDT
[#7]
Appreciate the feedback.  
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 5:22:53 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
The Redi-Mag works well. Has it's own retaining spring so you are not overstressing the guns mag retention spring. It also keeps the second mag covered and protected from dirt.

I've been using the Redi-Mag on my M4 for a few years now and I like it.  Unlike the clips/straps that hold mags together you can "update" the spare mag easily or you can run without a spare if you like without changing anything.  It provides separate retention for the spare mag and it protects the feed lips and ammo.
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 11:26:18 AM EDT
[#9]
sometimes the top round of the extra mag pops up after firing some rounds; if you ar not careful/notice you could mistakenly re-load that mag w/ the round jutting out--malfunction waiting to happen
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 11:28:33 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 11:24:22 PM EDT
[#11]
I like the Butt-stock mag pouch for some of the advantages and none of the disadvantages of a cinch except extra shouldered weight. Keeps more ammo on the rifle and actually provides some balancing weight to the rifle. Probably not quicker than hip pouches for reloads but a lot quicker from the trunk than donning LBE.  
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 4:54:47 PM EDT
[#12]
What do you think of the First Samco mag coupler used by the Israeli army?
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top