Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/9/2005 3:40:56 PM EDT
just back from a crappy range session. I went to break in my new ar but my mags would not go in. i never had this issue before. my previous ar's were colt aqnd so were the mags. well problems is thus. when i insert the mags they wont go all the way in. they catch at the front where the crimp is. the manufacture crimped them but still left a sharp edge there which is catching in the area of the upper. on the upper where the mag seats in the front is a gentle curve not a square cut. i am pretty sure most mags have the front corners crimped or rolled over so the fit this. i can make these mags work with a little dremmel work. my upper is a model 1 sales.any ideas or if anyone could post pictures of their mags would also be helpfull.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 4:01:37 PM EDT
[#1]
What kind of mag(s) are you using? Regardless you should stick with USGI contract mags.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 4:23:19 PM EDT
[#2]
le mag de cheap shit. I am fairly sure it is the mags. We are talking about 1/32 on each front corner of clearing. i doubt it is a case of the upper being bachined improperly.this is what you get for trying to save a few bucks.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 4:53:42 PM EDT
[#3]
yeah, in Arf world there's no such thing as saving a couple of bucks on magazines. It's either done right or done cheaply, and save for a good deal in the EE, nary shall the two meet.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 11:21:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Creative?
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 10:06:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 10:41:21 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
TANSTAAFL

-Troy

What?
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 10:52:00 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 11:43:50 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch  - Robert Heinlein

It's another way of saying: you get what you pay for.

-Troy

Ah OK .
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 8:06:49 PM EDT
[#9]
thanks for all the helpfull info . not. i figured out they were cheap as soon as i put the first one in.
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 12:28:52 AM EDT
[#10]
Who made them? Creative?
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top