Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 11/1/2004 7:00:33 PM EDT
My brother in law is willing to send me a couple 20 round mags from NC (I live in CA).  Before I told him to send them I wanted to make sure that it is legal(not much is in CA).  Can anyone tell me if it is/is not legal to ship magizines from NC to CA?

Link Posted: 11/1/2004 7:05:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes it is illegal.
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 7:49:08 PM EDT
[#2]
VERY ILLEGAL!!
What's in state can be bought since the State ban, but none can be brought into the State.
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 7:57:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Illegal, anything over 10 unless you had them before the ban
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 9:06:41 PM EDT
[#4]
thanks, I am glad I asked before he shipped them...ignorance is no excuse of the law..
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 7:55:33 AM EDT
[#5]
There's no excuse for that ignorant law!

Dig a tunnel under the CA border just like Sojurner Truth did during the slave days.  Start an "Underground Railroad"!
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 8:17:56 AM EDT
[#6]
If you read the actual text of the law, you will see that "replacement parts" are perfectly legal to own. This includes mag bodies, springs, followers, floorplates, etc...
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 8:21:06 AM EDT
[#7]
The burden of proof is on the Kali gov't
to PROVE that you did not posess them
before the ban:

I'd bring them in as long as they aren't
marked "FOR LAW WNFORCEMENT ONLY" etc.

But hey, I'm not telling YOU to brea the law!

Link Posted: 11/2/2004 9:30:35 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
The burden of proof is on the Kali gov't
to PROVE that you did not posess them
before the ban:

I'd bring them in as long as they aren't
marked "FOR LAW WNFORCEMENT ONLY" etc.

But hey, I'm not telling YOU to brea the law!

Oh Good!  I thought I was the only patriot on this PC site!
I try not to tell people to break the law...

Just Grow some BALLS and do what you have to do!

(NOW that ought to bring out the PC wimps!)
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 2:16:00 PM EDT
[#9]
F#%k Kalifornia, fu%k'em all, that's what I say, fu#k'em all!
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 4:57:10 PM EDT
[#10]
Better make sure that if there is a date stamp on the mag that date is prior to enactment of stupid law...
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 5:01:48 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Better make sure that if there is a date stamp on the mag that date is prior to enactment of stupid law...

date stamps???  why would you need to have those.. The burden is on CA to prove it not you
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 6:15:01 PM EDT
[#12]
The only exeption is if the mags are being sold to a Peace Officer. Per the PRK law, Peace Officers are exempt and unlike the old Federal law they do not need a letter to purchase mags. A valid current LE ID is all that is required.

I did not make the rules and I do not like them one bit, but this is the law in the PRK.
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 6:34:20 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

date stamps???  why would you need to have those.. The burden is on CA to prove it not you

There are plenty of mags floating around with date of manufacture stamped on the side.

For example, if a lowly civilian in PRK has a mag stamped 11/04 it might raise some eyebrows...
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 6:41:05 PM EDT
[#14]
i get hi-cap mags through auctions . if the seller will send it to me ill gladly accept them. ive never seen a mag with a date stamp
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 7:47:37 PM EDT
[#15]
Any mag made in the USA 9-94 to 9-04 that held over 10 rounds had to have a date stamp and a restricted marking.
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 9:11:29 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

There are plenty of mags floating around with date of manufacture stamped on the side.

For example, if a lowly civilian in PRK has a mag stamped 11/04 it might raise some eyebrows...

oh.. I misread your post
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 9:19:02 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Any mag made in the USA 9-94 to 9-04 that held over 10 rounds had to have a date stamp and a restricted marking.

actually center industries just had a date stamp and no restricted marking up until recently..
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 9:50:34 PM EDT
[#18]
You can find plenty of USGI mags with no date stamping.
Link Posted: 11/3/2004 4:53:32 AM EDT
[#19]
i love making left turns when not permited.
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top