Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/19/2004 9:00:04 AM EDT
I just got a bunch of green followers from CMMG. I got several from Sierra Supply back a few years ago. The new followers are a darker green than the older ones I have. Anybody noticed a difference in tint? The old ones are a really light lime green......
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 10:28:27 AM EDT
[#1]
Yes I did.

I bought some green followers from Mag Man and they're somewhat "tighter" than the DPMS lime green followers I bought elsewhere.

magman's green followers are USGI and appear to be thicker. They do tilt and jam in my 20rd straight mags while the slightly smaller DPMS lime green followers (which are reported to be underspec) pop up each time.

I don't think I'll run into any probs using them in the straight mags but I just wanted all my mags to look "updated"

It took awhile longer to dremel through the dark green followers whereas the lime green followers were easier to cut.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 11:35:38 AM EDT
[#2]
Interesting, must be more than one actual manufacturer.......
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 2:14:35 PM EDT
[#3]
THIS IS HUGE!
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 12:52:20 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
THIS IS HUGE!

Some of my green followers look orange also .

Link Posted: 10/20/2004 2:01:25 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:
THIS IS HUGE!

Some of my green followers look orange also .

I'll bet the liberal media totally ignores this conspiracy!
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 11:54:56 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 8:56:27 AM EDT
[#7]
I noticed this too. The followers that I got from ComputerGuy are a darker green.

The new "LE/MIL/Export only" mags I got from Green Mountain Gear came with the lime-coloured followers.

The lighter ones seem to be stiffer...
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 7:13:53 PM EDT
[#8]
Some of mine are red.  Some are yellow.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 7:27:32 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Some of mine are red.  Some are yellow.

OOOOO . Where did you get yellow and red?
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 2:48:53 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 3:05:32 AM EDT
[#11]
QUOTE:

magman's green followers are USGI and appear to be thicker. They do tilt and jam in my 20rd straight mags while the slightly smaller DPMS lime green followers (which are reported to be underspec) pop up each time.

I am not aware that there is a problem with the follower in 20rd USGI mags.

Someone please correct me if I'm misinformed. The black follower issue only applies to 30 round USGI mags (British black followers in the mil 30 rd mags are same as green USGI followers).
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top