Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/19/2004 2:17:32 AM EDT
What do some of you use for your 30 rounders when you want extra ammo at your finger-tips. The Mag Cinch or the First Samco mag couplers? Does one of these hold two mags together better?
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 11:12:30 AM EDT
[#1]
i choose the 1st samco cause it was $10 cheaper; it holds the mags pretty tightly, just remember to tighten as much as you can and add loctite if you wanna
magcinch for $20 is just too damn much
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 1:09:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Duct tape.  Really cheap and easily removable.  Plus, a roll does all your mags.  
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 1:56:11 PM EDT
[#3]
I use mag Cinch. I thought they seemed a lot more sturdy and I figured it's a one time purchace and the extra $10 wasn't going to kill me, so I basically said screw it and bought what I wanted.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 2:13:15 PM EDT
[#4]
neither.

I used the Israeli version from Botac with a single wrap of 100 mph tape for additional retention.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 4:06:19 PM EDT
[#5]
I like the First Samco better.  They are easier to use for me and cheaper too.  The only Mag Cinche I have tried are for the HK UMP/USC and they are a royal PITA to get set up and tight.  When I went to get some mag couplers for the AR, I tried the First Samco.  Then I bought three more.  I don't care if I never see another Mag Cinch again.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 5:21:06 PM EDT
[#6]
100 MPH tape if I was going that route. two loaded mags make for an unbalanced extra 1 pound. and if your at the range. you look like a Tard!!
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 6:15:23 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
100 MPH tape if I was going that route. two loaded mags make for an unbalanced extra 1 pound. and if your at the range. you look like a Tard!!

HAHA! Tape? Were you all serious? Yeah that is a dependable device I want to depend on keeping my ammo w/ me.

Yeah, first Samco. Works great, and at half the price I can buy as many as I want.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 6:28:09 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

HAHA! Tape? Were you all serious? Yeah that is a dependable device I want to depend on keeping my ammo w/ me.

Are you being sarcastic??

Have you ever seen or used real 100 MPH tape??  I'm not talking about cheap silver duct tape.  A couple wraps of that stuff are probably about as strong as the plastic the first samco coupler is made from.

Link Posted: 10/19/2004 7:23:15 PM EDT
[#9]
he obviously has never used '100MPH Tape"   you go and spend your money on mag cinch's and first Samco's.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 11:41:57 PM EDT
[#10]
I've got a mag cinch.  Works good, solid as a rock, but kind of a pain to set up.

That extra mag kinda off balsnces the rifle.  Plus--although you might not think so--that extra mag adds a lot of weight to the rifle.  Tends to slow moving from target to target.

If you use tape to stick two mags together, how are you going to get the other mag in the mag well if it is pressed tight against the other mag??  One mag up, one mag down?  Would'nt that be a good way to get dirt and/or mud in the second mag if you went prone?  Or at least increase the risk of damage to the ammo and/or feed lips?
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 12:53:45 AM EDT
[#11]
You don't tape them directly together. You put a spacer in between first (i.e. used chew can) then tape them.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 10:08:28 AM EDT
[#12]
I have a First Samco/FOBUS.  Not sure if I would say I prefer it over 100MPH tape or a Mag Cinch, but it seems to work.

Sly
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top