Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/18/2004 5:08:00 PM EDT
Ordered these from GMG Friday night and received them earlier today.  Very nice and great price at 12.99.  New and comes without wrap.  Will order again once back in stock.

Link Posted: 10/18/2004 5:09:50 PM EDT
[#1]
oh by the way, they are made by D&H Industries/Labelle.  
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 6:18:51 PM EDT
[#2]
I got mine today.  I ordered the gray ones and they look great.  The price and free shipping could not be beat.  My only complaint is they way they were packed.  They were stacked together with nothing seperating them.  As a result, a few of then have nicks and dings they probably picked up in transport.
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 7:48:21 PM EDT
[#3]
I told everyone in a previous thread (thread was pulled for some reason)  that these were nice mags for the money.  I bought 20 grey mags and I'm going to buy 20 more black mags when they come in and I get the money..................Malcolm
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 2:16:15 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
My only complaint is they way they were packed.  They were stacked together with nothing seperating them.  As a result, a few of then have nicks and dings they probably picked up in transport.

Were you planning on entering them in a Mag show?
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 2:21:06 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:
My only complaint is they way they were packed.  They were stacked together with nothing seperating them.  As a result, a few of then have nicks and dings they probably picked up in transport.

markm shadesofgray

Link Posted: 10/19/2004 2:26:44 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

LOL  - owned  

I bought a goodly sum of these myself and am quite happy with them.  Plus Rob is good people.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 3:29:26 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Link Posted: 10/19/2004 9:16:00 PM EDT
[#8]
Interesting... I make a comment on the quality of the packaging and I am ridiculed.  No, I was not planning on entering them into anything.  I also was not going to take them out to my driveway and throw them on the pavement.  A large part of the value of the mag is based on the finish.  I look on the EE and see mags described NIW, 90% finish, etc.  Obviously, the ones in better condition demand a higher price.  Look anywhere on the board regarding magazines, and you will see members discussing finish, insertion marks, etc.  Some members were having a fit when there "new" mags came with insertion marks.  Some members are trying feverishly to remove the brasskiss from their AR's.  Heck, one guy is actually considering repainting his Orlites!  I make a comment about the shipping job I got, and I am treated like a joke.  
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 10:31:51 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Interesting... I make a comment on the quality of the packaging and I am ridiculed.  No, I was not planning on entering them into anything.  I also was not going to take them out to my driveway and throw them on the pavement.  A large part of the value of the mag is based on the finish.  I look on the EE and see mags described NIW, 90% finish, etc.  Obviously, the ones in better condition demand a higher price.  Look anywhere on the board regarding magazines, and you will see members discussing finish, insertion marks, etc.  Some members were having a fit when there "new" mags came with insertion marks.  Some members are trying feverishly to remove the brasskiss from their AR's.  Heck, one guy is actually considering repainting his Orlites!  I make a comment about the shipping job I got, and I am treated like a joke.  

Don't worry about it ,  You cant make everybody happy . you are right !!!
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 12:39:47 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

If the painting the Orlites comment is directed at me , You need to keep in mind that I am having a custom pink AR built for my fiancé with her name and birth date as the serial number . Being that it is just for her I felt a pink mag would look good for the presentation of this "Just because I can get it for you present."
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 5:50:23 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

links please so we can make fun of them too

Link Posted: 10/20/2004 5:54:59 AM EDT
[#12]

If the painting the Orlites comment is directed at me

It wasn't directed at you.  I never even saw a post about a pink AR.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 7:09:08 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

links please so we can make fun of them too

+1. The difference between NIW and beat to hell mags is no more than $5. Most of the people asking these questions were noobs that don't know any better or anal retentive types that have nothing better to do than complain. The guys who actually use their equiptment (like me) just want them to have straight feedlips and no broken tabs. Those are the important things, not what they look like.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 7:57:40 AM EDT
[#14]
I repainted my Orlites....and you can all suck it!

Seriously....I prefer nicer looking stuff.....it took what, 30 min of my time and $4 of paint?  And at the same time I fully cleaned them so they would most importantly work better.

To me and most other people, better looking = higher resale value.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 9:05:53 AM EDT
[#15]
I'm not going to defend myself anymore except by saying one thing:  If I went to a show and bought mags from a guy there and right after I paid for them he threw them on the ground before giving them to me, I'd be pissed.  That's how I feel about it.  Please don't imply that I don't use my equipment or try to compare me to the range SEALS with their just-out-of-the-box Colt HBAR that they only use Colt mags in because they are the best and use match grade ammo to plink and complain about accuracy.  I'll put my AR experience in peace and war against anyone's.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 9:42:21 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

As Lumpy196 once wrote...

Don't mind markm too seriously, he has turrets disease.

Link Posted: 10/20/2004 10:10:02 AM EDT
[#17]
aaww dont worry about it, I am a mag obsessed whore myself and I care a great deal about the finish on my mays too.  Its not like the finish really matters but it is nice to just sit and stare at a perfect Teflon USGI mag admiring its beauty. Then when you turn it around there is a big scratch from poor packaging
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 10:30:50 AM EDT
[#18]
Any idea when they might be getting some more mags in stock
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 10:43:26 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Don't mind markm too seriously, he has turrets disease.

What's that, does he have alot of tanks all over his body or something like that?
Correct spelling is Tourette's Syndrome............................................Spelling Nazi - out.
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 8:42:37 PM EDT
[#20]
Just placed an order for 8 mags, 4 gray and 4 black.  awsome price and free shipping
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 9:22:02 PM EDT
[#21]
nevermind grrr
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 9:34:19 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 12:56:32 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thats how I feel about hammers and screw drivers.

Link Posted: 10/24/2004 7:10:49 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thats how I feel about hammers and screw drivers.

how about nails and screws
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 7:52:09 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Any idea when they might be getting some more mags in stock

GMG has more on order but no ETA.  I'll be getting on the list for the next batch!
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 7:54:17 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
I told everyone in a previous thread (thread was pulled for some reason)  that these were nice mags for the money.  I bought 20 grey mags and I'm going to buy 20 more black mags when they come in and I get the money..................Malcolm

ordered a bunch of these they function  flawless.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 10:34:26 AM EDT
[#27]
I agree, I ordered three of the blacks ones and they're great.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 3:21:21 PM EDT
[#28]
I ordered 20 on 10/20, got a confirmation on 10/21 that they shipped USPS, received them 10/23. Loaded a couple last night, tried them out today. They look and function just fine. Excellent mags and service! Probably the best deal out there at this time. Thanks Rob.
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top