Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/15/2004 7:53:21 AM EDT
my friend in new york called me and said he found a guy that was selling some pre ban glock mags for $20 each ( that is a very good price since most people are really sticking it to new yorkers due to their ban). my friend said the mag bodies were not marked but the followers had a 5 stamped on them and the base plates had 3206 marked on them. does this match your pre bans? are no ban mags even out for sale yet? thanks
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 10:05:49 AM EDT
[#1]
my preban glock 17mags have nothing written on them execpt Glock
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 10:15:27 AM EDT
[#2]
Those sound like post AWban unmarked standard cap mags.  The newest follower for 9mm Glocks is the 9mm5.  I'm assuming thats what you mean.  Early followers only had 9mm stamped into them, then 9mm1, 9mm3.  The 9mm4 followers are only marked '9mm' and at the edge that engages the slide stop is 4.  I'm pretty sure the 9mm5s are this way also.  3206 floorplates are used on all FML 9mm mags.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 10:34:47 AM EDT
[#3]
thank you. what are FML 9mm mags?
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 11:07:44 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
thank you. what are FML 9mm mags?

FML = full metal lined (they drop free even when loaded).  NFML = non full metal lined (won't drop free when loaded, usually will when empty).
glockmeister.com/3genmags.shtml
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 3:05:23 PM EDT
[#5]
AFAIK, the followers and floor plates are a poor way to judge pre-post ban status.  It's the body that gives the tell tale signs. I wouldn't worry about someone checking out my followers and floor plates as they are interchangeable as well as replaceable.

Sly
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 4:12:27 PM EDT
[#6]
so full metal lined mags are only post ban or no ban mags?could they be pre ban?
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 4:57:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Matters on the Glock model.   Some models never had a Pre 94 mag such as the Glock 32.   I am not sure but i think Glock went FML before the ban.   Maybe someone here will have a deffinate on that.    If that is the case then any NFML should be Pre 94.    A FML mag may or may not be Pre 94 although if it was imported after 94 and before about 1 month ago it should be LEO stamped.    

Of course keep in mind that Glock is now importing non-LEO marked FML lined mags.    

Geez what a mess.    Glad i live in VA.   Good Luck!!!!
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 12:39:44 PM EDT
[#8]
My preban NFML G-19 Mags have no markings on them at all. I think it would be hard to prove that certain mags were preban at all, considering that you can replace the worn out parts even down to the mag body anyways and they are still legal I believe. SO I would just snatch them up and enjoy.
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 12:53:34 PM EDT
[#9]
as long as that style mag body could be preban I say buy them
"yes officer, that follower is brand new. the old one was slightly worn and was causing jamming problems. no, I didn't keep it, it was worn and useless"
the real question is, is this seller selling any preban Glock 21 13 rounders? since my glock 30 ten rounders are really only 9 rounders (I think I've been able to barely cram a 10th in one out of 6 mags) I'd like the few extra rounds
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 8:44:37 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
so full metal lined mags are only post ban or no ban mags?could they be pre ban?

I have FML PRE BAN mags.

FB
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 5:13:08 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Preban mags came in NFML and FML.  Postban full cap mags were marked LE/Gov't use only.  Seems your state would have to prove that any mags were made after your states ban.  Pretty hard since Glock doesn't mark mags for particular states.
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top