Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/11/2004 12:58:56 PM EDT
Anyone had any failures attributed to the orange followers sold on the EE?
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 1:01:42 PM EDT
[#1]
no they are the SAME thing as the green ones except for the color
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 1:01:59 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

+1
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 1:49:43 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Except not all green followers are the same. The ones sold by DPMS and Brownells are excellent. The one of unknown origin sold at many gun shows are not the same quality, and many have said they tried them and they induced feed failures.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 1:56:17 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Except not all green followers are the same. The ones sold by DPMS and Brownells are excellent. The one of unknown origin sold at many gun shows are not the same quality, and many have said they tried them and they induced feed failures.

I ordered 100 of them from computer guy, these ones are high quality and look and feel identical to my NIW USGI green followers on the mags
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 2:46:09 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I ordered 100 of them from computer guy, these ones are high quality and look and feel identical to my NIW USGI green followers on the mags

Have you test fired them yet?
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 2:52:02 PM EDT
[#6]
not yet , but I highly doubt they will hang up or malfunction
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 6:43:46 PM EDT
[#7]
It is very true that there are different qualities of green followers. USGI made ones and "China" made ones.

My orange followers are truly identical to USGI green followers in every possible way. Except of course for the obvious, the color. In fact these followers were also produced by a USGI contractor who makes followers for the Government/Military. They were even made on the same tooling.

I am not BSing when I say these are quality followers just like USGI green. Do not let the price fool you. I just have way too many sitting around and they need to be moved out. They are not China made crap. My follwers are made in the USA and USGI quality.

Hope this clears up some confusion,

Cody @ Magazine Specialties
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 2:32:41 AM EDT
[#8]
I installed the orange followers in a few of my magazines since last year, and can tell you that they work just as well as the green ones (and much easier to tell which mags are mine at the range)
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 10:50:38 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 11:04:50 AM EDT
[#10]
I received a shipment of the Orange ones recently and they are great!  Plus ComputerGuy included five extra Green ones at no charge.  They are identical to the Orange ones excep they are Green.
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 5:27:33 PM EDT
[#11]
To back up Cody
I bought a bunch of green followers from him and replaced all my mags with them. never had a problem. ran 975 rds thru  these mags in a 3 day carbine class with out a hiccup. Cody threw in 1 orange follower with my order. (pretty nice in my book) and the only difference is the colorant used in the mixing of the plastic prior to molding... and I put that follower in a range mag and it works just fine. These work just fine.
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top