Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/8/2004 12:50:10 PM EDT
Just bought some mil-spec mags from sporstmans guide, they are gray parkernized finish, 40 round, 4 for $55 and 2 20 rnd steel cheapies. neither of the mags fit in the mag well! I have a plinker plus .223, don't know who to blame! [please help! have been told that mil spec is the only way to go but now am even more confused!
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 1:40:48 PM EDT
[#1]
you got POS mags and are in no way MIL-Spec, call sportsmans guide and ask for your money back for false advertising.

BTW no steel mags are mil-spec, only aluminum mags are and the fact that you have a plinker doesnt help much
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 8:00:40 PM EDT
[#2]

BTW no steel mags are mil-spec, only aluminum mags are and the fact that you have a plinker doesnt help much

Aren't the British SA-80 steel mags mil-spec?
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 8:34:42 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Aren't the British SA-80 steel mags mil-spec?

British Mil-spec but not USGI-Spec
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 8:39:14 PM EDT
[#4]
No such animal as a 40 round USGI mil-spec mag.
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 8:41:48 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
No such animal as a 40 round USGI mil-spec mag.

forgot to mention that
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 6:21:00 AM EDT
[#6]
so besides the fact that i cant afford a high end ar, has any body had any luck with a certain type of mag for the "plinker"?  Will try aluminum,  dont know what kind came with the gun, but it works and fits great and its steel, anymore ideas apreciated!
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 6:31:15 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
so besides the fact that i cant afford a high end ar, has any body had any luck with a certain type of mag for the "plinker"?  Will try aluminum,  dont know what kind came with the gun, but it works and fits great and its steel, anymore ideas apreciated!

If you keep an eye on the EE for AR mags you can sometimes get used 30 rounders (USGI) for as little as $8 each.  They're out now but I bought 7 new mil spec 30 rounders for $11.99 each from Tapco.
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 7:26:23 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

just go with USGI and you will be fine
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top