Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/6/2004 5:25:33 PM EDT
I just ordered a Beta C. Everything I have read said they are great and work well. I am going to use it with my Colt M16 Commando.
Not that it will change my mind because they have already received my money order and the mag will be shipped by the end of the week but I am wondering what kind of experance Beta C users have had with the Beta C, good and bad.

Thanks for your input
Rats  
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 5:53:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Mine worked flawlessly.  
Love it
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 7:34:54 PM EDT
[#2]
I have wanted a Beta C Mag ever since I first saw one.  But after the Clintonistas assaulted us with their "no effect on crime" bills, and the prices of the Beta C Mags got to be outrageous, I held off buying one till prices came down.  Now that sanity is, hopefully, returning to the magazine market, I would like to buy one of these mags.

Could you tell me where I could order one?

Thank you.

S4F

Link Posted: 10/6/2004 7:55:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Look up Beta C Magazines on the web. There are a number of places selling them for around $250 to $280 with all of the accessories, pouch, graphite tube and loading tool. You can find the mag alone for around $200. I ordered mine from Arizona Gun Runners in Pine Arizona.

Rats
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 2:52:35 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 2:55:43 AM EDT
[#5]
Looks cool, but not worth $250 to me.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 6:17:41 PM EDT
[#6]
I would MAYBE pick one up as a fun range toy if the price were around $75, but for that kinda price I think thats ridiculus. I would rather buy ammo and get out shooting more. I hope a few years go buy and the price drops on um. Just for all they people who dropped $280 on  them.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 6:54:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Think of all that were sold in the $600 plus range during the ban!

I have owned several and personally thought they were much too bulky and heavy for me. I'll stick with my USGI mags.

Mark
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 8:04:59 PM EDT
[#8]
I guess it's all relative. When you get into the machinegun game $280 for a mag doesn't sound so bad.
Last Saturday afternoon my two teen age girls burned up $300 worth of ammo. The only reason they quit was they were tired of loading mags. Then there is the barrel issue .... I burned up so many barrels last year I used them to stake up tomato plants in the garden. That's about $160 per garden stake.  Then there is the cost of a good machinegun .... $15,000 and up.
No, I don't think $280 is toooo bad when you look at the big picture.

Remember, This life we are living is NOT a practice run. This is all you get. It's silly to wait several years to do something you want to do just to save a few bucks. Then again when your 90 and you still haven't done what you wanted to do you can justify it by saying "Ya, but I saved 60 bucks." That should make you feel alot better.

Fun is the most expensive thing you will ever do if you do it right.

Rats
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 2:09:45 AM EDT
[#9]
Amen, brother. It IS all relative. If you can buy a Lear Jet, does the price of gas really matter?
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 4:43:56 AM EDT
[#10]
Does anyone know what Beta C's cost prior to the 94AWB? The price still seems a bit high.
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top