AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/4/2004 12:49:50 PM EDT
As the title says
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 3:37:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 7:26:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Been there, done it.  With the Coyotte brown Magpul follower (oem, with No modifications), I was able to easly get 21 rounds to fit.  Not that I recommend fitting 21 rounds in the mag, but just for academic pursuits I had to test it.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 6:17:48 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Been there, done it.  With the Coyotte brown Magpul follower (oem, with No modifications), I was able to easly get 21 rounds to fit.  Not that I recommend fitting 21 rounds in the mag, but just for academic pursuits I had to test it.

do they just take normal 20rd springs?
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 8:00:36 PM EDT
[#4]
jar3ds,

I do not know if the Bushmaster curved 20 round mag uses the same spring as a vintage Vietnam 20 round mag (with straight walls).  I been wondering the same thing myself.

When I installed the Magpul anti-tilt follower, I just disassemblied the new BM curved 20 round mag, and removed the factory supplied green follower from the spring in the mag, and installed the Magpul follower on the same spring that came with the BM curved 20 round mag.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 7:48:30 AM EDT
[#5]
do you have any other standard 20rd springs that you could compare them to?  Or take a pic so i can check it?

Thanks!

so if what your saying is correct... you bought the 20rd BM mags.. and you now can use a magpul follower and get reliable 20rd's in it?  

i emailed BM and they said on the green followers... it would require some cutting of the follower...  i'd just assume you'd have to do the same to the magpul follower
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 8:49:11 AM EDT
[#6]
Jar3ds,

Swing on over one evening and we'll try it out.  From what CMMG says, they work fine in their curved 20 rounders so I would guess they would work for BM as well.

Link Posted: 10/6/2004 8:57:31 AM EDT
[#7]
Why not buy the CMMG teflon coated curved 20's for $18.95 with the magpul follower already installed, instead of the Bushy curved 20's for $24.95?

CMMG mags
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 7:47:44 PM EDT
[#8]
The CMMG mags are the same identical mag as the BM mags according to the photos on the CMMG web site.  I have not seen any CMMG mags in person, but the photo shows the same unusual date stamp that the BM has on them.  From reading on ARFCOM, both BM and CMMG mags are D&H brand (formely known as Labelle).
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 7:51:10 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
i emailed BM and they said on the green followers... it would require some cutting of the follower...  i'd just assume you'd have to do the same to the magpul follower

I bet that you had a communication problem.  The BM tech probably thought that you meant using a green follower with a Vietnam-era straight-wall 20 round mag.  Because, the green follower in a older, Vietnam 20 round mag for sure would not hold 20 rounds.
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top