Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/1/2004 6:41:46 PM EDT
I just bought two Uzi mags from a member here that were advertised as having been modified by Vector.  To put it bluntly, THEY SUCK.  They feed from the right side, but the angle that the left round is held at allows the bolt to ride over the rim and catch the round about a third of the way down the case and jam it nose-up into the top of the chamber.  They also are very hard to eject, as if they are snagging on the mag catch.  This is an all Colt gun, so it ain't the gun.

Is this a common problem with Uzi magazines?  
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 7:13:20 PM EDT
[#1]
All of mine I have feed in the colt and the uzi ok.
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 7:13:48 PM EDT
[#2]
My understanding is that there are several varieties of the uzi mags.  From what I've heard and used, the parkerized uzi mags with the star at the bottom are the best grade to use.  It is also going to depend on the job that's done on the cuts to the magazine.  I bought 10 star uzi mags from Cole Distributing and had Joe Black (from this board) cut them.  He did a real quality job and they work very well.  Any problems I have experienced have only been with the last two rounds feeding from the magazine.  I think I've resolved that problem by changing my mag block.
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 7:17:26 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
My understanding is that there are several varieties of the uzi mags.  From what I've heard and used, the parkerized uzi mags with the star at the bottom are the best grade to use.  It is also going to depend on the job that's done on the cuts to the magazine.  I bought 10 star uzi mags from Cole Distributing and had Joe Black (from this board) cut them.  He did a real quality job and they work very well.  Any problems I have experienced have only been with the last two rounds feeding from the magazine.  I think I've resolved that problem by changing my mag block.

These are the star marked parked UZI mags.  Don't work worth a shit.  

The lower is factory Colt with a pinned in block.

Edit: do you live near Indianapolis?  You wanna buy two magazines?  Or let me try one of yours and see if it's my gun or my mags?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 9:20:34 PM EDT
[#4]
QS,

Check your email.
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 9:34:53 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
QS,

Check your email.

Received..shot out
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top