Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/26/2004 10:45:54 PM EDT
I saw the other day that Brownells is now advertising replacement mag bodies.  I've got a couple of heavily-used USGI mags that won't work in some of my AR lowers due to damage (and later attempts to "adjust" them using a vice).  

I'm curious if anyone knows if these are a good, USGI-spec option for those who have a surplus of good followers, springs, and floorplates?
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 3:47:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Your link goes to a rebuild kit , not a body.  CMMG was selling mil-spec bodies but they no longer list them.  Maybe they were overwhelmed with orders.
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 6:09:40 PM EDT
[#2]
If you look at the very bottom of the page they have 20 and 30 round magazine bodies (although not currently in stock).
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 8:10:12 PM EDT
[#3]
I contacted brownells and they said their bodies were the same as the CMMG ones.Milspec aluminum teflon grey bodies and they sell the floor plates.$12.50 for bodies and $1.50 for floor plates.
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 10:39:52 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I contacted brownells and they said their bodies were the same as the CMMG ones.Milspec aluminum teflon grey bodies and they sell the floor plates.$12.50 for bodies and $1.50 for floor plates.

Thanks for the info!  I might just have to grab a few.
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top