Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/26/2004 6:09:27 PM EDT
Will the green followers fit in the 20 round Colt mags? I tried for some time and it would not fit. Should I just leave the metal follower in place? I know there is a posting about the green follwers but my question did not seem to get answered. My eyes are just too tired to read all those replys.
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 6:20:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Leave the metal follower in place.

Unless it is damaged, there is no reason to replace it.  Only curved mags need anti-tilt followers and the alloy ones are generally considered superior to the plastic ones.

Just make sure you don't put the spring back on backwards....
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 6:45:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Green followers made to fit in 20's will work.  Most you see for sale are for 30 rounders and will not work in a 20 without cutting material off the follower.  I bought a 20 round rebuild kit from Bushy to repair and old Colt mag I had.  It came with a 20 round green follower.  After I put it in, (yes, the spring is right), it would only hold 19 rounds.  I wish now I had never messed with it.

Lost the alloy follower, or I would have put it back in.....
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 12:23:41 PM EDT
[#3]
How do you take out the original alloy follower?
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 1:31:21 PM EDT
[#4]
I had some alloy followers that had cracks. I searched around and found these...

at CDNN

They work good for me. I get 20 rounds in a mag no problem. In fact I just blasted 200+ rds through one today.

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top