Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/17/2004 8:25:39 AM EDT
Does anyone have any info about these. There was a thread on Lightfighter about them, but with no hard info. This I found on another site.....

"NSWC-Crane issues a sole-source solicitation notice to Okay Industries for 10,000 High Reliability Magazines (HRM)."

Anyone have the 411?

Link Posted: 9/18/2004 7:06:23 AM EDT
[#1]
In response to my query regarding these on 9/14, Full-Auto replied that SAW LE sales had them.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=17&t=201154

http://www.sawlesales.com/

Click on "Colt Rifle Parts" and about halfway down in the magazines section of the listing, a part number SA09015 is listed as being an 'enhanced' mag by a U.S. GOVT contractor for $20.50 each.  

I'm assuming that is these.

Link Posted: 9/18/2004 10:51:40 AM EDT
[#2]
I'm not sure this is the same thing- I think the SAW product is a Okay Industries magazine with a new spring added by SAW- I think the Okay HR mags actually have a different body than the normal USGI... IIRC
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 10:29:12 PM EDT
[#3]
any new info on these?
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 2:59:57 AM EDT
[#4]
The magazines that Saw LE Sales are selling are made by Okay Industries. The standard and enhansed mags are stamped with the cage code 33710 on the side which is Okay Industries.  I beleive the enhansed features are the chrome silicon spring which has a special parkerizing that will resist corrosion for 7 days when exposed to salt water spray ( thus the Crane / Navy Special Warfare request )

Full-Auto
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 1:19:01 PM EDT
[#5]
I order some "high reliability" (red spring) magazines from SAW. I have not been impressed with them. I know many of you don't care about a magazines finish, but in IMO the finish on the magazines I received is ridiculous. It took three weeks to get the magazines after I ordered them, and when I got them I was nothing but disappointed. Beyond the unsatisfactory finish, the welding seems very light compared to my Labelles. On top of that, you are only supposed to load them up to 28 rounds. For my money, I would much rather have my magazines teflon finished. For the same price as the "High Reliability" mags from SAW I have ordered magazines from CCMG with MAGPUL anti-tilt followers and chrome-silicon springs. These magazines are teflon finished, can be loaded to 30 rounds, and, IMO, are a much better deal.

If anybody really wants the "red spring" from SAW I would recommend ordering JUST the springs from SAW, and then ordering teflon coated magazine bodies from another dealer. Just my 2 cents.

Edit:

www.sawlesales.com/

If you click on the bullet on the left that says "Issues and Info" it will take you to another page where you can then click on "The famous red spring."
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top