Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/16/2004 6:42:10 PM EDT
Are Beta-C's worth the money over buying ~20-30rd mags and having those on hand without the weight to the rifle....what are your feedbacks??
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 8:32:16 PM EDT
[#1]
nah peice of junkhough Have put 100's of rounds through one flawlessly..

Did you say 25 rd mags? Who are you?? Where you from?? Chinar?
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 8:42:51 PM EDT
[#2]
If you have something full auto they are great, if not you are probably just wasting money, IMHO
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 8:44:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 8:53:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 8:56:09 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
nah peice of junk ROFLMAO

On a serious note though reloading takes precious seconds in a firefight.. Changing a clip can cost you your life... On the other hand a jammed beta Mag can as well.. Especially if your leaving 50 or 30 rds in it.. I endorse them though Have put 100's of rounds through one flawlessly..

Did you say 25 rd mags? Who are you?? Where you from?? Chinar?

At least he didn't call them clips.  
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 8:57:29 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Fragile
Unreliable
Overpriced.

But that makes them a great value, you should buy TWO

Sweet!  The lumpy seal of approval!  I'm so getting 3!
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 9:17:26 PM EDT
[#7]
good point.. But you know where i was going with that... Hey dont we all make that mistake from time to time?
Come on.. you never called your weapon a gun??  lol
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 9:19:44 PM EDT
[#8]
Im not looking at getting one unless i see one at a good deal.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 9:35:26 PM EDT
[#9]
I predict that in 6 months there will be alot of them for sale cheap on the EE because tons of people are buying them now just because they can and if they don't have full auto they will realize that they really don't need them and sell them.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 4:12:42 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I predict that in 6 months there will be alot of them for sale cheap on the EE because tons of people are buying them now just because they can and if they don't have full auto they will realize that they really don't need them and sell them.

If I see one for $100, I'd buy it for a novelty item.  No way it's worth $250 to me, though.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 1:13:58 PM EDT
[#11]
sadly I bought one long ago at nearly $450...........should have sold it for the going rate of $600 as Ruben & othes ran out. Hell, looking back, i have a safe full of preban stuff i realy never used or had so many of, i should have taken advantage of the buying frenzy whaen it was still happening.

Great for full auto, otherwise too heavy for practical patrol. Also..........and very important, is the rounds inside rattle like hell! No stealthyness with this mag!

From a fixed position, a 100 round dump is a fun thing....................bear in mind the heat really can ruin a barrel without proper cool down time between strings.

All issues aide, I'd rather carry (patrol) with two 30's on the gun via magclip, and 2 spare 30's elsewher on my body, as in a mag pouch. Truthfully, a mag change is something you need to practice regularly, from behind cover or even on the move.

My 2 cents

Andrew

Link Posted: 9/17/2004 7:11:28 PM EDT
[#12]
Thanks all for the input.  

BTW, "25" rds was a typo...guess you all type very well flawlessly ..hope you shoot just the same !
So what's "Chinar"  is that a new country???
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 7:16:15 PM EDT
[#13]
I have one I bought awhile back and it's fun to play with.

If the world ends I'd never hump with it, though it would be good from a fixed position-like your house.

I've heard plenty bad about them, mostly from combat vets. So I'd be hesitant to trust the thing if I really needed it.  It would suck for it to jam on say, rd 25.....

If I could get another one for around $100 though I would.
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top