Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/16/2004 5:17:22 PM EDT
I have a bunch of Center Ind. mags that won't drop out of the mag well when the mag release is pressed. They stick in my Eagle Arms(armalite) and my LMT lowers, but will drop out of my Bushmasters. The finish feels differently(thicker/rougher) then on other mags that do drop freely. Anyone else have this problem?  
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 5:29:51 PM EDT
[#1]
I sold the one bushmaster lower that I had for that reason.  You could probably smooth out the inside of the mag well and correct the problem.

It could also be that the mags have widened out at the rear corners of the feed lips.  This is generally where 30's will tend to weaken with age.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 6:27:42 PM EDT
[#2]
these are brand new mags. I had a couple other Eagle arms(preban) that had this problem as well.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 6:50:39 PM EDT
[#3]
I bought two more Eagle/Armalite lowers (non-preban) cuz I've had good luck with them.  Specifically in that area.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 8:28:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Common issue.. Use Okays.. they work great.. Some mags are made at different tolerances.. Reason why myself and others stay away from certain Man. namely Cooper is for this very reason..
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 5:32:07 AM EDT
[#5]
Centers are premium mags.  If they are new, then it's the lower.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 5:40:28 AM EDT
[#6]
It's the finish. It's a documented problem with certain lots of Center mags. The finish is usually visibly rougher than other USGIs. Easily solved problem... Buy Okays

-Cap'n
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 9:34:45 AM EDT
[#7]
how should I solve the problem?-sand them down a bit?
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 11:35:15 PM EDT
[#8]
I guess you could sand them with really fine paper until they fit, as long as you didn't harm the anodizing.

Personally, I'd just use them as range mags till they broke in.

-Cap'n
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top