Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/16/2004 7:17:28 AM EDT
SO I am having a hard time deciding which mag to purchase and hope someone can give some insights...a lot of 30rdrs, 40rdrs- affect prone shooting?, or a betaC mag - is it true these can be left fully loaded indefinitely??--

Thanks for all input
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 8:21:44 AM EDT
[#1]
USGI 30's..........AND BETA-C's, LOTS OF 'EM!

Edited to add: Most 40's are crap. Check the mag-faq. USGI 20's are probably the best for prone shooting, and it doesn't seem the height of the beta-c would present a problem either.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 11:28:22 AM EDT
[#2]
Personally, I'd get ten or fifteen 20 rounders and as many 30 rounders as I could find room for - they're like potato chips, you know.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 4:24:12 PM EDT
[#3]
lots of 30s

couple of beta-cs
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 10:22:17 PM EDT
[#4]
30's
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 1:24:39 PM EDT
[#5]
USGI 30-rounders should be the backbone of your mag collection.  And brand new, USGI-contractor 30-rd. mags just dropped in price from 30-50% for non-State-AWB people.  

Get a few jungle clips ($5-8) or other mag connectors to bind 2 30-rounders together.  

Also get a few 20-rounders so you get a feel for them.  I like both the USGI 20s and the Thermold-Master Molder 20s.

Beta Cs are much more attractive now at $250 than $600, or even Ruben Mendiola's longtime price of $389, before he sold out his supply.  Never tried one myself.  Maybe you could hook up with an ARFCOM member in NV that has a Beta-C, to try it out.

You'd better offer to fill the mag, once for you and once for him.
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top