JAMMING?
COST?

...OVERALL EFFECTIVENESS...
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 1:28:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Where is the AR15.COM Group Buy??
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 11:22:00 PM EDT
[#2]
I have heard some say that they break if dropped. Are we expecting too much from the Cmag? I mean, the thing weighs quite a bit so dropping a heavy mag like that one would probably damage it even if it were made a little bit more sturdy.

Another thing, I read about the 82nd Airbourne testing them in the middle east and having problems with almost all of them. I have also read many posts where people have never had problems with them. Lots of conflicting info out there that really needs to be cleared up.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 11:26:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Range bitch only. Thats the experts opinions that I have heard.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 5:31:52 AM EDT
[#4]
I had one Beta.  As long as the rounds were generously lubed with the supplied graphite it functioned 100%.  No lube-lots of FTFs.
I had an MWG several years ago.  Reliable, but its design made for very awkward shooting stance.
Both mags are probably best used with vertical foregrips for a decent shooting stance.
They're lots of fun at the range.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 5:42:05 AM EDT
[#5]
My Norinco for my AK47 has been 100%, the one for an AR holds 120 rounds, does anyone have some experience with those?
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 1:07:04 PM EDT
[#6]
where can we buy one????
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 6:41:07 AM EDT
[#7]
keep the reponses coming gentlemen...

I personally owned an MWG...it was more cost effective and had no complaints except it's the size of a large tuppaware dish..thats why i'm moving towards the Beta

IF ANYONE WANTS TO SELL THEIR (REFURBISHED) PREBAN BETA...I'LL PURCHASE YOURS FOR THE EQUIVALENT TO THE COST A NEW ONE, SELLS AT CMMG...$250 SHIPPED WITH FEED TOWER.LUBE AND CASE
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 1:07:11 PM EDT
[#8]
personally I like the Beta-C mag due to the fact, that you can keep it fully loaded indefinatily.   I plan on using mine as a SHTF mag, keep it stored, and loaded.  Other than that, I will use my 30's for everyday shooting.  I personally like the design of them too, you can use shoot from the prone position without your mag getting in the way.

As far as function, as long as you lube your rounds with graphite, I have not had any feeding problems.  although, I am not running through the jungle, swimming through swamps, or trudging through the desert with mine, so I can not say how it will work in a real combat situation.
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top