Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/14/2004 9:35:22 AM EDT
I am ordering up the parts to build myself a National Match AR at the end of this month, and I'm going to need mags. 20 rounders, because 30 rounders are uncomfortable to use in the prone position. Now that this AWB is over withI know I should be able to buy new mags at a fair price- but being new to the whole AR thing, I am not sure where the best place to get decent mags will be at decent prices so I could use some advice.

Thanks,

- Samantha

Link Posted: 9/14/2004 12:15:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Funny you ask that, because I have the exact question...  Hopefully we'll get some good replies.

Wes-
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 2:53:49 PM EDT
[#2]
oh yes i need a couple for 3 gunning, someone please answer.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 7:35:31 PM EDT
[#3]
The equipment exchange has quite a few people selling 20s.  I got some of mine there.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 7:27:52 AM EDT
[#4]
bushmaster makes em, and has them for sale at a good price
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 7:38:53 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

$25 is not that good and they arent even USGI
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 8:21:05 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
The equipment exchange has quite a few people selling 20s.  I got some of mine there.

+1 - there are/were some really good deals on USGI 20's lately
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 2:17:08 PM EDT
[#7]
watch this
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 3:37:58 PM EDT
[#8]
I bought 30 colts with alloy followers 2 years ago for $18 a pc with 80-85% finish.  So I am off the 20 market.  I see people asking where to find them a lot and interest is rising in the 20s.

Is there a true straight wall mil spec 20 left?  I know the alloy follower is dead, but I guess that would not matter now with greens etc.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 5:52:53 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I bought 30 colts with alloy followers 2 years ago for $18 a pc with 80-85% finish.  So I am off the 20 market.  I see people asking where to find them a lot and interest is rising in the 20s.

Is there a true straight wall mil spec 20 left?  I know the alloy follower is dead, but I guess that would not matter now with greens etc.

The alloy follower is better than the green ones in my opinion. You can find aftermarket alloy ones but they are pricy.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 7:04:29 PM EDT
[#10]
If you have to have new USGI quality, Colt is the only game in town.  They have been selling new LEO only mags all along.  They are  USGI spec.

The military hasn't bought new 20's in years.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 7:20:47 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
If you have to have new USGI quality, Colt is the only game in town.  They have been selling new LEO only mags all along.  They are  USGI spec.

So Colt is still making and selling new straight USGI 20's?

Is anyone else making them?

Thanks,

Corey
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 7:56:04 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

So Colt is still making and selling new straight USGI 20's?

Is anyone else making them?

Thanks,

Corey

I didn't think COLT made their mags. I thought they farmed it out.  

Now that the ban is over you could order some of CMMG's replacement bodies and manufacture a new mag for around $20 I would think....I don't think they are in stock yet.

FB
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 8:26:08 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

$25 is not that good and they arent even USGI

They are made by D&H, who took over Labelle's tooling, so why wouldn't they be considered USGI?
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 4:53:44 AM EDT
[#14]
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top