Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/13/2004 3:47:06 PM EDT
I said, you know, I can buy these on the web for $250 delivered.  Is your price going to come down now that the ban is dead?  His response: Do you know how much I have into this thing?

I guess he'll end up having a $500 knick knack gathering dust at the store.  I can't imagine anyone paying that much simply because the dealer got caught by a market price adjustment.

Also, I was a little surprised at how small it was - the drums seemed to be about the size of oranges - I thought they were more like cantaloupes based on the pictures I've seen.

Gotta get me one! (from an online dealer that is.)

Link Posted: 9/13/2004 10:09:21 PM EDT
[#1]
I agree.  If he had that much into it, you would think he would have unloaded it sooner.

That's what happens when you don't pay attention.

Hey!  I've got some preban lowers that I'll sell him at a hell of a deal!  Does he want to know how much I have in THOSE?  lol.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 10:17:42 PM EDT
[#2]
I thought the same thing on size when I saw them.  I havent been shopping for mags yet since the an ended.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 10:19:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 10:56:25 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
$250 is STILL too much for an unreliable, easily broken, awkward, heavy magazine....

But, hey, its America, and its freedom

+1 unless you have a M16 if not then its pointless,

it takes forever to unload a 100rds in semi and its a waste of ammo
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 11:09:31 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:
$250 is STILL too much for an unreliable, easily broken, awkward, heavy magazine....

But, hey, its America, and its freedom hr

+1 unless you have a M16 if not then its pointless,

it takes forever to unload a 100rds in semi and its a waste of ammo

What is this "waste of ammo" you speak of?
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 11:36:26 PM EDT
[#6]
"Cutting losses" is an unpracticed art in the industry.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 11:44:49 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
"Cutting losses" is an unpracticed art in the industry.

I know, but people are ok in that they lose $1,000's of dollars in their vehicles or boats and such, oh but a gun or mag "no I cant sell it to you for that I might lose some money"
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 8:00:19 AM EDT
[#8]
I dont get dealers like this.

So he loses some on the mag...so what? He'll make it up on his markup on EVERYTHING else in the store. Might take a little while....like ONE gun he bought used getting sold.

Some people are idjits, and that just cant be changed.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 10:12:09 AM EDT
[#9]
[PT Barnum]There is a sucker born every minute.[/PT Barnum]
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 4:44:49 PM EDT
[#10]
Do you think a Beta C would work with 6.8 SPC?  Would be an interesting test.  Anyone care to speculate if the price will go below 250?
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top