Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/5/2004 6:41:15 AM EDT
Hello everyone, I have read in posts that Beta-C mags are fragile and simply not worth the cost. I have heard this is not true. I am curious to everyones' opinion on this matter. Also, if they are bad quality is this only with the preban or are the post ban magazines possibly much better? Thankyou for all your help.
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 4:27:31 PM EDT
[#1]
I have had a Beta C for a few years now and it has yet to fail, It has been dropped and kicked and even stepped on once, and has not brken. I have never experienced a jam or a mag related failure with it, On the other hand it is not that fun to use on Semi Auto..... Trigger finger gets tired.
I have never had call to bury it in sand or dunk it in mud but in point of fact it has not failed.
Surprisingly no one has posted to complain about the reliability yet.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 8:19:23 AM EDT
[#2]
Here's a HiRes Image from the 82nd:
www4.army.mil/OCPA/uploads/large/030723-A-1797M-022.jpg
"A paratrooper evaluates 100-round magazine during recent field testing at the 25-meter range on Kandahar Army Airfield, Afghanistan. The Soldier is a member of the 82nd Airborne Division's 3rd Battalion, 319th Airborne Field Artillery Regiment, which was conducting an evaluation of the magazine. U.S. Army photo by Staff Sgt. Leopold Medina, Jr. This photo appeared on www.army.mil."

The 82nd had a newsletter in 'stan, which stated that they had problems with the mags.
However, since I served in the 82nd, I can say this: I watched a paratrooper spend several minutes trying to put a M16 upper assembly on a lower assembly because he had the upper assembly upside down (trying to insert the rear sight into the lower receiver).  

That why the term "GI Proof" was created.

I have a beta-c mag. It hasn't had any problems, but that all range use.  I have always wondered what would happen if you dropped a load mag on to concrete.  Any beta-c owners what to test this for me?
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 9:57:32 AM EDT
[#3]
Seen them dropped. They break open, ammo goes everywhere.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 3:25:33 AM EDT
[#4]
I dropped one and the main houseing developed a spiderweb crack about 2" long. Had to go to beta and be repaired with a whle new housing for $75. Neat novelty but noisey and akward.

S.O.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 5:41:49 AM EDT
[#5]
It's a novelty item for Internut Fatbody Commandos.  Don't waste your money.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 9:36:39 AM EDT
[#6]
I like mine.

With the M16/LMG upper and some tracers it's well worth the money. Kind of a cheap belt fed.

With the M16/7.5" upper the flash show is fantastic.

Don't think I'd want one with a semi tho, my finger would get too tired.
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top