Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/4/2004 12:28:57 PM EDT
I found 15 of these in a box in my parents shop!

Anyone know anything about them?  BTW:  They are definitely NIW.
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 12:31:01 PM EDT
[#1]

These are the other mags that were in the box!
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 1:04:38 PM EDT
[#2]
I have never used them, but here are a few OPINIONS that are NOT MINE.

From Troy:

[2-2-7] Sanchez Enterprises
-------
Sanchez magazines have aquired a wholy undeserved reputation as being bad mags. It began when it was discovered that Sanchez magazines exhibited a higher-than-normal rate of failure when feeding the last few rounds in a magazine, particularly during full-auto fire. An investigation found that Sanchez magazines were in-spec, and no explanation was ever given for the increase in the failure rate. Instead, the problem was corrected with the new green "anti-tilt" followers. The Green Followers (GFs) were first seen in Sanchez magazines in 1988, and became standard issue for all M16 magazines in 1992. Sanchez mags should be considered on par with any USGI-spec mag. Made from early 1980s-early 1990s. Floorplates stamped:

(DSI) SANCHEZ ENT.
MANSFIELD, OH USA

Quoted from:  http://www.internetarmory.com/magazines.htm

Never buy magazines manufactured by Sanchez (DSI) or  Cooper Industries.  A number of black follower lots produced by these manufacturers were recalled due to poor tolerances, and substandard specimens may have found their way into the civilian market.

And from:  http://theblackrifle.net/thirty.htm

Sanchez Enterprises
Sanchez magazines brought about the green anti-tilt followers. Early mags had feeding problems. Floorplates read:

(DSI) Sanchez Ent
Mansfield, OH USA

IO1
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 1:19:11 PM EDT
[#3]
there USGI just like the rest of them no difference
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 1:22:24 PM EDT
[#4]
THEY ARE CRAP!  Send them to me for proper disposal.  I'll cover the shipping for you because I'm that kinda guy.
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 1:27:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Sanchez and Cooper are the two mag brands that I avoid. Just heard too many bad things about both of them.
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 2:56:49 PM EDT
[#6]
regardless of how they good they function compared to big name mags, you got them for free!

what kind of store did your parents have to be finding such a stash? imo free is free

lucky you
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 4:19:09 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Sanchez and Cooper are the two mag brands that I avoid. Just heard too many bad things about both of them.

IB is right!  You should send them to me immediately for disposal...DO NOT DELAY!!!
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 5:02:56 PM EDT
[#8]
I discovered the problem with Coopers personally, way before widespread use of the internet.  The problem with many is weak springs, failure to feed the last 7-8 rounds.

Even with the spring problem, there were no other visible problems with the mags.  Putting a spacer under the spring to increase tension would make it feed all rounds, though limiting the mag to 20 rounds.  This confirmed to me the problem was springs.  The bodies looked perfect.

Way back in the pre-ban days you could not find replacement springs or other parts.  Mags were simply discarded and replaced.

Another reported Cooper problem, one which I have never seen, was some had only 3 spot welds on each seam, rather than the required 6.  These are to be avoided.  But if the welds are correct, drop in a new spring and test them.

On the other hand, I have a lot of D.L.Sanchez mags (more than 20, possibly 30 or so), and NO problems with them, even with the original black followers.

If it makes you feel good, put new springs and green followers in them.  
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 7:37:30 PM EDT
[#9]
I bought these when I got out of the army in 1990 from a little gun & pawnshop just off Ft. Polk.  

I put them in a box in 1992 and forgot about them.  I am visiting my parents and my dad and I were cleaning the chop and we found that Box-Full-O-Mags.  These were the same mags that I was using while on active duty and we didn't have any problems with them at the time.
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 10:15:14 AM EDT
[#10]
I dug through the whole lot and found a few Parsons Mags so all is not lost!

I am always inmpressed with the stellar caliber of the guys on this thread.  I mean, these Sanchez mags suck and who but you guys would be willing to take those shitty NIW mags off my hands and save me from their dangerous, frustrating condition!  You guys are the best!

But, I am of the same caliber and I consider you all my friends!  That said, I could NEVER, and I mean NEVER, do that to my ARFCOM friends!   I mean, what kind of friend would I be if I passed off those crappy NIW Sanchez mags on my friends?  That would be so wrong to pass these non-working, unreliable NIW Sanchez mags off on you guys.  I am not one to pass my troubles to my friends, so while I appreciate your willingness to take these NIW Snachez mags off my hands before their unreliablilty becomes a constant frustration to me, I just cannot do that.  It would be unmanly!

Thanks guys, you are all the best
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 4:46:39 PM EDT
[#11]
Um, I'm pretty new here, so you don't have to feel that guilty.  IM me for my addy.

I'll take one for the team...
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 6:56:20 PM EDT
[#12]
I tried out the Orlites &Y a 40rd mag tonight.  They workede fine.  I was mixing Wolf and XM193.  The only FTF were some Lake City demilled.  The first 4 would shoot one, load the next round and then click.

I ejected two rounds and then re-loaded them into the 40rd mag and they fired the second try woithout a hitch.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 6:29:27 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Actually, they're USGI, but they have had some problems in the past.

Like innocent_bystander, I just avoid them so I don't have to figger which ones are good or not.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 3:52:24 AM EDT
[#14]
Put a green follower in any of them & they'll provide good service.
Hotgun
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 4:23:46 AM EDT
[#15]
Want to sell me a few?
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 10:09:02 AM EDT
[#16]
I just found them after about 12 years in storage.  I want to play with them before I get rid of any

Can ya'll believe how much money I just lost witht he ban dying?  A have a few preban Colts also.

Oh well, I wasn't going to sell anything anyway so I didn't loose anymoney.  I did gain a a priceless amount of freedom though with the ban ending!
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 10:12:26 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Actually, they're USGI, but they have had some problems in the past.

Like innocent_bystander, I just avoid them so I don't have to figger which ones are good or not.

Actually is figure, and Sanchez mags have a undeserved reputation.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 10:16:25 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 3:47:35 PM EDT
[#19]
Actually, it was some of the Cooper, not Sanchez, that had insufficient number of welds.

And the problems with Sanchez were fleeting and never found.  Even then, the few reported problems were with full auto fire, not semi.  

I, and many others, have never found any problem with Sanchez mags.  No worries on the Sanchez mags.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 6:24:17 PM EDT
[#20]
I have a couple of sanchez mags
work as well as any other usgi mags I have
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 7:36:59 PM EDT
[#21]
Dirty Sanchez mags............my favorite.  
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 8:22:32 PM EDT
[#22]
all my mags are sanchez /w gf's .. no problems whatsoever.. i'd trust them with my life
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 3:50:34 AM EDT
[#23]
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top