Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/31/2004 5:20:06 AM EDT
Okay...For the life of me, I can't understand how the post-ban AR mag limits the capacity to 10 rounds, yet allows the beowulf to load 7.  

I thought that the limiting indentations allowed double stacking to a certain point, then converted to single stacking until the spring fully compressed.

Well, it looks like it keeps the 5.56mm NATO, with a case diameter of .376, from going past this point at all.  Yet the 50Beowulf with a case diameter of .543, goes past will no problems.  

Shouldn't the indentation push the smaller cartridge to the center, then single stack it down?  
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 5:43:20 AM EDT
[#1]
As I have NO idea what your talking about, I suggest ya throw that 10 rnd mag crap away and get ya some decent 20 round or 30 round USGI magazines.....

223 AR15/M16 magazines do NOT single stack, FWIW.

Unless of course ya got some NJ ruling prohibiting their use, in which case I suggest ya get out of there ASAP.

Mike
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 6:00:39 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
As I have NO idea what your talking about.....

If you don't know, then why respond?

223 AR15/M16 magazines do NOT single stack, FWIW.

They will if the sides of the mag are pushed in.  Look at a 10 rounder.

Unless of course ya got some NJ ruling prohibiting their use, in which case I suggest ya get out of there ASAP.

We do and I can't.  Not yet

Anyway, I just put 15 rounds in a post-ban 10 round AR mag.  I will post how to do it in a forum where others with restricting mag capacity laws in their state will appreciate it.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 7:30:03 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
If you don't know, then why respond?

They will if the sides of the mag are pushed in.  Look at a 10 rounder.

I've thrown away 10 round magazines from both Bushmaster and Colt that came with my rifles, neither was a single stack magazine, hence my confusion over your post.

As they are junk IMO, not fit to use, why anyone would squash them in order to create single stack mags outta them in the first place is beyond me.

If 10 round mags is all ya can have I suggest the ones sold by DPMS as they do work well, unfortunately all the ones I've seen are the double stack variety.

Mike

Link Posted: 8/31/2004 11:03:47 AM EDT
[#4]
mr wilson as a suggestion if the opportunity arises take a look at the 20 round bodied 10 round cap magazines. They tend to come with Eagle Arms and Armalite rifles. Anyway I just loaded mine, what mine appears to do is get cought up on the rounds holding them at the indent at the 10 round mark. How do I know this? Only the top half feels heavy. The bottom is empty except the spring.
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top