Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/23/2004 5:16:34 PM EDT
I recall seeing the H&K AR-15 mags in a post awhile back.  it was suite and buildt like a tank.

Well we be able to buy them?

Thanks,

Badredfish
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 5:54:32 PM EDT
[#1]
hell yeah!! but you will still have to pay between $30 to $40 a piece which really isnt worth it
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 12:24:55 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 7:20:01 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Besides, i have seen the light, the future for the magazine is going to amaze you.  forget about the HK, just hope the ban sunsets and we might be able to see some cool new technologies coming for the AR15 magazines. finger crossed and pray.

TELL US MORE!
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 10:05:54 AM EDT
[#4]
SMGLee <----- TEASE!  
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 12:36:34 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
40 or more for an AR mag is not worth it, I upgraded my magazines with MagPul followers and Ranger Plate, it is the best thing you can do for your magazines.  Besides, i have seen the light, the future for the magazine is going to amaze you.  forget about the HK, just hope the ban sunsets and we might be able to see some cool new technologies coming for the AR15 magazines. finger crossed and pray.

Ain't that the truth... 3 major manufacturers have enhanced mags planned that will blow the HK out of the water, and be priced far more reasonably.

-Cap'n
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 2:27:05 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:
40 or more for an AR mag is not worth it, I upgraded my magazines with MagPul followers and Ranger Plate, it is the best thing you can do for your magazines.  Besides, i have seen the light, the future for the magazine is going to amaze you.  forget about the HK, just hope the ban sunsets and we might be able to see some cool new technologies coming for the AR15 magazines. finger crossed and pray.

Ain't that the truth... 3 major manufacturers have enhanced mags planned that will blow the HK out of the water, and be priced far more reasonably.

-Cap'n

Which wons r these?  Who's got 'em?
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 3:23:05 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

-Cap'n

[Bugs Bunny]Doooo Tell[/Bugs Bunny]
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 5:15:58 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

-Cap'n

Which wons r these?  Who's got 'em?

I heard Joekin Firearms is going to have some super AR mags.  But they might go out of stock before they go on sale
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 7:54:51 PM EDT
[#9]
Sounds like I have missed somthing in the last four months.

What is the better deal on the new mags?  Need info.

Thanks,

Badredfish
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 5:37:02 AM EDT
[#10]
DOOP!

Why do we need so many threads on this Topic?
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 10:40:35 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
DOOP!

Why do we need so many threads on this Topic?

Because the HK mags are LEO, and people are fascinated with things they can't have.

Yes, the HK mags implement some neat ideas. No, They're not worth $40. If your life depends on your gun, get some magpul followers and extended life springs. They'll work just as good, if not better than the HK anyday.

-Cap'n
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 2:03:24 PM EDT
[#12]
An envoy works just as good as a trailblazer- some prefer more exclusivity, the prestige, or just want some of every kind.  Value is in the eye of the beholder.  From a functional standpoint only, I agree they are WAY overpriced, but if ya have to have 'em and you have the scratch go for it- I am.  But you still have not answered the question Capn?  What are these new mags you speak of.  I assume one is the Okay "high reliability", but what are the other two?  Inquiring minds want to know!

TIA,

GoGo
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 2:15:24 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
An envoy works just as good as a trailblazer- some prefer more exclusivity, the prestige, or just want some of every kind.  Value is in the eye of the beholder.  From a functional standpoint only, I agree they are WAY overpriced, but if ya have to have 'em and you have the scratch go for it- I am.  But you still have not answered the question Capn?  What are these new mags you speak of.  I assume one is the Okay "high reliability", but what are the other two?  Inquiring minds want to know!

TIA,

GoGo

Im pretty sure were just messin around about the new mag technology
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 12:33:34 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

TIA,

GoGo

The three manufacturers do not currently make 30 round mags. I don't know if any of them will actually bring theirs to the market, as there has been some talk of foregoing the entire thing if "other" magazines end up being a better mousetrap.

-Cap'n
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 6:30:38 PM EDT
[#15]
Maybe polymer mags with a steel insert in the polymer,that would be the best of both worlds.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 6:29:11 PM EDT
[#16]
WELL, IVE GOT SA80'S REBUILT WITH CRHOME SILICON SPRINGS, MAGPUL FOLLOWERS AND REG MAGPUL'S AND THEY ARE JUST AS GOOD A AN HK! Now by the time you break it all down Im $27.00 in each mag and that includes buying the mag! You cant beat an tricked out SA80!
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 7:05:50 PM EDT
[#17]
When the ban is over I will be getting some from this outfit.store.botachtactical.com/hkarma.html
That is if the price is right, and it usually is at that site.

Link Posted: 8/28/2004 12:18:07 PM EDT
[#18]
I remember a thread from an ARFer from England who was picking them up for $18 each.  I believe that they are being marked up to 40 for LE when they get here..  I might get a few when the ban expires, but the USGI have done well for me, so I'm in no rush to pay over $20 for one.

Edit - England? Maybe Germany, from somewhere, it's been about 4 months.
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 1:05:10 AM EDT
[#19]

and extended life springs

Wolff +15's?

BTW, jah, the MagPul followers are definitely worth it I think. I am going to get more soon.

Link Posted: 8/29/2004 8:54:18 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
When the ban is over I will be getting some from this outfit.store.botachtactical.com/hkarma.html
That is if the price is right, and it usually is at that site.

"After this test procedure each magazine was fully loaded with rounds and fired twice with no problems experienced. In U.S. military testing the HK M4/M16 magazine improved feeding reliability of the M4 carbine by 30-50% overall."

Since when do USGI have feeding reliability problems
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 11:34:30 PM EDT
[#21]

Buy the overpriced HK Mags if you must but don't buy from botach unless you like waiting, wondering and then getting screwed.

I am just one of the many who have had bad service from them. These guys are the kind of place that give all internet dealers a bad name.
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top