Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 4/22/2004 12:40:03 PM EDT
What do you consider to be the best 10 round mag?

Reliability being most important, which brand would you choose?

I want something for the range mostly, and some hunting.  The 30 rounders are a bit long IMO.  

Thanks,

-GH
Link Posted: 4/22/2004 2:17:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Might as well go with Bushmasters 10 rounder. It's almost USGI! Well,at least the important part is. If I were to buy one,it would be them. Put a ad on EE,someone may want to rid themselves of theirs.
Link Posted: 4/22/2004 6:19:10 PM EDT
[#2]
The best 10 rdr magazine is a USGI 20 rd magazine.  IMHO the BM 10's are crap.
Link Posted: 4/24/2004 3:34:30 AM EDT
[#3]
Have you had some bad experiences with Bushy 10 rounders?

Why are they crap?

I considered the 20's, but would rather wait till after the sunset.  The ones I've seen were old (fair condition at best) and overpriced.  What would be a good source for 20's?  Cruffler?

thanks,

-GH
Link Posted: 4/24/2004 5:58:25 PM EDT
[#4]
IMHO USGI 20 rdrs are the best feeding mags period.  I have bought USGI Colt's, adventure line, and Universal from $10 to $12 in the EE, just have to be patient and wait on the good deals.  Some may need a spring replacement, if so you've got an new spring in an excellent mag.

IMHO, the BM are not worth the $$, seen to many new ones malfunction.
Link Posted: 4/27/2004 3:21:51 AM EDT
[#5]
I agree with my buddy P806, stick with the USGI 20-rounders instead of the 10 rounders.  I never had problems with my Bushy 10-rounder, mainly because I never used it!  

I don't like how the Bushy mags are perm. sealed (base plates can't be removed).  I like to be able to remove the base plates for cleaning or to swap the spring.

The USGI 20s have a VERY good reputation.  Like P806 said, if you look around you can find good condition USGI 20s for about what you'll pay for a Bushy mag.
Link Posted: 4/27/2004 9:39:34 AM EDT
[#6]
Ghillie Hunter, depends on your prey but in Michigan, at least for deer, 5 rds + 1 in the chamber, 6 total  is the requirement.  Those stupid 9-rd mags Colt supplies with their Match Target rifles actually do have a use and function well- with a new green follower, which effectively blocks them down to 5 rd capacity.  Off a bench I prefer the short mags anyway.  And no, I use a .308 for deer.
Link Posted: 4/27/2004 2:21:41 PM EDT
[#7]

By GhillieHunter:  Have you had some bad experiences with Bushy 10 rounders?

I've had at least two of the old "Cut and pin" Bushy 10 rounders come apart at the seams...Since then I haven't used the new 10 round slightly curved 10 round mags that Bushmaster now offers as IMHO the best 10 round mag is a 2/3rds empty  30 round USGI mag.

Besides when you're in a Ghillie suit, who's the wiser?

Sly
Link Posted: 4/28/2004 3:11:08 AM EDT
[#8]
O.k.,you've all convinced me that Bushmaster's 10rd mags are useless. I was refering to the fact that mine was free(came with rifle) and it was a true 10 rd'er. Yes,I would never buy one at their price when I can get 20' & 30's at the same price! I really like those curved 20's,just can't seem to find them anywhere? I haven't used one yet,hoping to see them massed produced when the sunset comes. The first Bushy 10 rd mag I got with rifle split on rear spot welds when I first loaded it! I sent it back and they gave me a new one. I hope they have corrected the problem. Like everything else in the world,we have choices...I like Vanilla Ice Cream and 30 round mags.
Link Posted: 5/1/2004 7:33:28 AM EDT
[#9]
Thanks for all the replies, I love this site.-GH
Link Posted: 5/2/2004 4:28:59 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I really like those curved 20's,just can't seem to find them anywhere? I haven't used one yet,hoping to see them massed produced when the sunset comes.

IIRC the curved 20s are cutoff postban 30s. Or at least that's the consensus.
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 9:18:19 AM EDT
[#11]
I completely agree that BM 10rnd mags are absolute junk.

Feel free to send me any your BM 10rnd mags that you want to get rid of and I'll be more than happy to get rid of them for you.

-Frank  
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top