Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/26/2003 5:38:55 PM EDT
Anyone use any of these?  Are they reliable or should I just stick w/ the 30 rounders? And if so why?
Link Posted: 12/26/2003 5:46:09 PM EDT
[#1]
The 40 round mags Bushmaster is selling are "USA" brand mags. They are utterly and totally junk. Stick with USGI mags for 20 or 30 rounders or if you must have a 40 get a Sterling (be prepared to pay big bux for it though).
Link Posted: 12/26/2003 6:00:30 PM EDT
[#2]
not USA, they are western metal and they do work but they wont drop free I have 1 of them.
Link Posted: 12/27/2003 3:11:20 AM EDT
[#3]
They must have run out of USA's. Western Metal is about as bad though.
Link Posted: 12/29/2003 12:06:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 12/29/2003 12:20:51 PM EDT
[#5]
I went with the 30 rnd mags instead.  Thanks for the advice.
Link Posted: 12/30/2003 3:30:21 AM EDT
[#6]
Good choice.
Link Posted: 12/30/2003 2:23:55 PM EDT
[#7]
just as a comment about the western mags, i bought 10 of em last year off a website that claimed they were usgi (i was pretty mad when i opened the box)    anyway we were out doing a shoot, and out of the 5 ar`s we had we couldnt get any of the mags to go more than 3 rounds without a misfeed, bad lips, bad springs, crappy followers, to say the least i was rather dissapointed. i took out my frustration on them with my rifle, final score: dpms carbine 100, western mags 0  (i shoulda just sent em back but i needed the instant gratification)
Link Posted: 12/30/2003 2:34:42 PM EDT
[#8]
By: GlockLuvinRedleg . i took out my frustration on them with my rifle, final score: dpms carbine 100, western mags 0 (i shoulda just sent em back but i needed the instant gratification)
View Quote

It's funny how electronic crap, POS mags, old vehicles, vicious dogs at large, etc. etc. have yet to even score a single point in that game.  Is it rigged or something?

Sly

Link Posted: 12/30/2003 2:56:09 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
By: GlockLuvinRedleg . i took out my frustration on them with my rifle, final score: dpms carbine 100, western mags 0 (i shoulda just sent em back but i needed the instant gratification)
View Quote

It's funny how electronic crap, POS mags, old vehicles, vicious dogs at large, etc. etc. have yet to even score a single point in that game.  Is it rigged or something?

Sly

View Quote

funny you should mention it, we had a old truck that threw back bullets once, we decided we should quit before it had a chance to score.
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top