Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/16/2003 11:03:13 AM EDT
I just bought a couple of 90% Adventurline 20 rounders at a gunshow this weekend, and was suprised to find they have quite a snug fit in the magwells of all 3 or my AR's.  Not that they won't come out, but one doesn't quite drop free.  They don't appear to be bulged, dented, etc.  Has anyone else experienced this with Adventurline 20's?
Link Posted: 12/16/2003 1:26:07 PM EDT
[#1]
I got 3 Adventureline 20s and one of them is like that. Also you have to sit them hard or the bolt won't lock open.

Link Posted: 12/17/2003 8:51:40 AM EDT
[#2]
Adventureline 20s have a rather thick coat of finish on them.  The snug fit should be considered normal.  That's a bit of a down side to the thick coat but the upside is the coat is very durable compared to early contract Colt 20s.

Sly
Link Posted: 12/19/2003 3:38:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Easiest way to make them drop free is put them in a bench vice and squeeze it SLOWLY to put a little bit of pressure on the feedlips.  I've done this with several of my mags, all work 100%.  Just do it gradually until the mag will drop free.
Link Posted: 12/19/2003 3:53:44 PM EDT
[#4]
This thread may help you.

I've been there and done that.

[url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=17&t=147932&w=searchPop[/url]

Danny
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top