Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/13/2003 8:00:31 AM EDT
Hi, i'm needing help finding quality metal 5 round or nearly flush fitting magazines. trying to find magazines that look like all metal colt 20 round but short..

all i find is 20 round mags that are cut off and have a ugly plastic lower. or all plastic molded ribbed  and ugly.
does anyone make anything like what i'm looking for? thanks
Link Posted: 12/13/2003 8:11:33 AM EDT
[#1]
Never seen one. How would you pull it out if you needed to if it was flush?
Link Posted: 12/13/2003 2:53:24 PM EDT
[#2]
I think the mag you are talking about is like one that I have.  It is flush next trigger guard and about 1/2" sticking out of lower receiver opposite the trigger guard. The lower is cut at a angle at mag well and the magazine is straight on bottom. Not sure
actually who made it, given to me by a friend.  He said it came with a dpms he bought
Link Posted: 12/13/2003 11:33:03 PM EDT
[#3]
This company sells them.

http://www.ammoclip.com/C/colt_5_round.htm

Never tried them, but I do like the 10 round mags.
Link Posted: 12/14/2003 8:32:21 AM EDT
[#4]
fathead, thats sounds like what i'm looking for.
the bottom is angled and fits flush on one side and sticks out just enuff to get a grip on it.
I have only seen them in pictures on some AR's
and on many AR-10's but don't think those would work on an AR-15.
so far  the only short mags ive found are colt, dpms a few others but they look kinda cheap, they look like 2 piece mags cut in half and looks like plastic lower on a normal 20 round mag i don't know if the lower is plastic or metal but they just don't look nice to me.
Link Posted: 12/14/2003 8:43:12 AM EDT
[#5]
Timanator thos mags look like what i'm looking for, the 5 rd pro mag looks just like what i want but i'm not sure on the length, i'll try finding out more on it.the 5 and 10 rd pro mags look same length as 20rd mag.
the colt 5 rd is the nicest design ive seen yet for the plastic lower, it's at least not smooth and has the same look as the upper part just in plastic. to bad they don't just make the lower in metal or make it all one piece metal.
thanks guys.
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top