Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 11/27/2003 5:13:05 AM EDT
I got a 20round magazine this week with a floorplate I’ve never seen or heard of.
It’s a Universal Industries floorplate, BUT, it’s Silver/Light Gray.  It has the exact same lettering as other UI 20rnd floorplates, it’s just not Black.  It reminds me of the Colt SP-1 Silver floorplate.  The magazine body had almost all of the finish still on it (and the correct "UI" stamp) and the floorplate had what appeared to be overspray on it.  When I took the floorplate off to clean it off, I notices the backside was the silver/light gray.  When I put some paint stripper on the floorplate the “overspray”  came off.  It did take a bit of scrubbing with a toothbrush, but it came off.

Any body ever seen or heard of one of these?

Thanks
Link Posted: 11/28/2003 3:55:04 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 2:05:19 PM EDT
[#2]
My .02

The FP, as well as the mag (?), may have been refinished with spray on Moly coat such as perma slik or Hoppes Molycoat.

Sly
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 6:03:17 PM EDT
[#3]
I think JOMX2 is probably right.  The floorplate looks to be unfinished.  I tried the same cleaner on another (black) floorplate and nothing happened.  The cleaner took all the "overspray" off this one.

Thanks to both of you guys for your input.

I've got this floorplate along with an SP-1 Magazine on the EE for trade for some regular "UI" floorplates.  I like the black floorplates better.  Maybe someone will want this one for a collection.
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top