Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 11/22/2003 9:19:28 AM EDT
Today I had a dealer argue with me and I am curious if I was correct or not.
A dealer tried to tell me the Colt 20rd Mags with the .556 on the floor plates were manufactured after the Colt Mags which stated AR-15 .223 on the floor plates.
I re-call the Colt 20rd AR-15 .223 Mags after the .556 Mags were manufactured.
I wasn't going to buy either Mag due to the pricing he had on them, but he tried talking to me like I had just picked up these Colt Mags for the first time. He went into this long sermon on when the Mags were made as well as he had some Colt 30rd Mags which were not Colt Mags, but they had the Colt floor plate on them and push them on me for $30.00 each also.
Then he tried explaining how the black follower was better than the green anti-tilt followers. I just laid his Mags down and walked away from the table.
Link Posted: 11/22/2003 11:49:12 AM EDT
[#1]
The 556 marked came later, and man I feel your pain on his attitude.  I get tired of arguing with those types.  The same ones trying to tell me there is nothing wrong putting the 14" OAL upper on their post-ban Match Target.  Sheesh.

Link Posted: 11/22/2003 2:49:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 11/22/2003 4:03:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Thank you gentlemen. I am not one bit ashamed to admit that I screwed up and was wrong, but I was still pissed at his attitude and wouldn't have bought anything from this guy.
I am telling you guys he was a total dick.
Link Posted: 11/22/2003 4:06:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
The 556 marked came later, and man I feel your pain on his attitude.  I get tired of arguing with those types.  The same ones trying to tell me there is nothing wrong putting the 14" OAL upper on their post-ban Match Target.  Sheesh.

View Quote

GOGO
 I watched a dealer in Jackson MS put a 14.5 inch preban upper, bayonet lug, flash suppressor, all the goodies on a post ban lower and sell it to a gang member. He also offered me the same deal for a few hundred less.
Link Posted: 11/22/2003 4:10:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top