Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 11/7/2003 12:32:36 PM EDT
I have about 6-7 magazines, about half have green looking followers(old and dirty) and the other half has black followers.

I want to install all new green followers and new springs in all my mags, but I have no clue how to properly disassemble the mags to take out the springs and followers.

I assume I have to take the floorplate out? Yes/No?

Any and all info is appreaciated.
Link Posted: 11/7/2003 1:42:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes you have to remove the floorplate by sliding it out from the rear of the magazine. Do not bend the little retaining tabs as they can crack and break which will render your magazine useless. Goodluck!
Link Posted: 11/7/2003 3:18:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Ok thanks. I just removed all the floorplates, springs, and floorplates.

The inside of the mag bodies are frigin dirty! Also amazing is how all the springs differed slightly in lengths. Who knows how long they have been in there for! May as well upgrade all new springs.

Thanks again.
Link Posted: 11/9/2003 4:02:33 AM EDT
[#3]
I have just changed out twenty of the sa80 brit steel mags followers and springs to the green followers and chrome silicon wire springs. I have noticed a big difference in the way they feel by pushing down on the new followers with a plastic ruler.
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top