Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 11/2/2003 7:48:26 PM EDT
Ok, I need about 40 green followers.  They range from .75 - $1.00.  We have a boat load of companies on this site that offer them. Are they all the same? Are some better than others?
Help a guy out-just don't want to get ripped off.  

Oh Yea, One last thing - What about these orange followers...are they any better..or just a fashion statement for our magazines.
PS
big GB Packer win!!!!! Oh yea!!
Link Posted: 11/2/2003 9:14:14 PM EDT
[#1]
With regard to the latter (Orange vs rreen) the only difference is the color. I strongly suspect the same between the various gf as well
Link Posted: 11/2/2003 9:50:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Actually there are quite a few differences between green followers.

Some have a lot of extra plastic or overmolding on them. I believe Tapco used to sell them. The green followers that come in the SA80 magazines from England are made of a much weaker type plastic. These need to be replaced.

The ones we sell for $0.75 each are real USGI green followers with no excess plastic. The real thing.

Our orange followers are identical to our USGI green followers, except bright orange in color. These are $0.85 each.

Hope this helps,

Cody @ Magazine Specialties
[email protected]
Link Posted: 11/3/2003 10:43:06 AM EDT
[#3]
Well, If anybody would know it'd be Computerguy.
Link Posted: 11/3/2003 8:32:14 PM EDT
[#4]
All my advanced followers with the anti-tilt device have come from Computer Guy, both GF and OF.  I have replced all the old style black ones and crappy GFs that I bought from others with CompGuys followers.  I have bough about 200 from him to retrofit all my mags.  Best quality at the best price and fast shipping.
Link Posted: 11/4/2003 8:10:01 PM EDT
[#5]
I have some of the Tapco followers and I agree that they are probably not mil-spec.  That said, they are pretty decent and they work if you break them in (smooth down the edges).  Definitely much better than those followers that come in SA80 mags.
Link Posted: 11/4/2003 10:10:14 PM EDT
[#6]
I just got a chance to test the 10 SA80 mags I bought from ammoman.  They work great!  I agree with above post in regards to questionable quality of the SA80 followers.  I'm planning to purchase some green followers from CMMG along with a new barrel.  

If I recall, CMMG price is 0.69 ea?
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top