Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/27/2003 9:43:16 PM EDT
Okay, I know some states you areent allowed to buy,sell or trade INSIDE that state.

But think of this:

When a buyer sends you money to you in your state from out of any sate its his property when you receive payments for the mags.

Most states permit you to buy 30's out of state and bring them back with you to your home state.
So, you are just returning their property to them from your state.
Link Posted: 10/28/2003 12:45:49 AM EDT
[#1]
lol, There is no way in hell that could fly. I would love to see the legal writing that states, "the purchase, sale, or trade of high capacity magazines is illegal INSIDE the state of Xxxxxxx." I would suspect it is illegal to have the magazines as well, or it is illegal for residents to buy/sell/trade. Personally I don't have the proof to refute you, but there's no way they would leave the backdoor [i]that[/i] wide open. Also there are city ordinances too.
Link Posted: 10/28/2003 2:13:14 AM EDT
[#2]
Greetings! M4 I am originally from S.C. but I am currently working near Frederick Maryland. I was told by some of the local folks at an IDPA three gun match that while I couldnt purchase 30 round mags in Md I could still possess them. Is that true? I looked up the Maryland gun laws on the net and the info I got does seem to support this.
Link Posted: 10/28/2003 9:48:21 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Greetings! M4 I am originally from S.C. but I am currently working near Frederick Maryland. I was told by some of the local folks at an IDPA three gun match that while I couldnt purchase 30 round mags in Md I could still possess them. Is that true? I looked up the Maryland gun laws on the net and the info I got does seem to support this.
View Quote

Hello.
You aretn supposed to purchace 30 round mags in MD.
ALthough everyone does it, and there has not been 1 case that a person was nabbed for this POS law.
The MD state police tells people looking for high cap mags to go to PA or VA and buy them. YOu can buy them out of state and bring them back in and its 100% legal.

Also, since your in MD for the moment. COme check us out at a meet or event here:
[url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/forum.html?b=8&f=29[/url]

Take care!
Link Posted: 10/28/2003 1:11:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the additional info M4. I just wanted to make sure. It is a little bit different here as compared to where I am originally from. There are lots of nice folks here in Maryland, but its a shame you all have to put up with all the stupid laws.What puzzles me is that Maryland is a class III friendly state. What a parodox!
Link Posted: 10/29/2003 6:54:27 PM EDT
[#5]
M4 - I've been preaching this for a few years.

There are 2 legal categories for liability regarding shipments, and they become important to this discussion.  It comes down to FOB Dock or FOB Destination.

When you buy something & pay the shipping, you take legal possession of the item at the SHIPPERS location.  FOB Dock.

When you buy something and THEY pay the shipping, you don't take legal possession until it arrives at your location.  FOB Destination.

Consequently, it is my believe that if you buy mags from a guy in Utah, and YOU pay the shipping, you legally own those mags once he gets the money, and he is simply returning your property.

It just as if you were vacationing at the folks house in Arizona and left your mags behind.  Nothing illegal about them mailing your own mags back to you, is there?

Beyond that, the seller in Utah or Arizona isn't bound by Maryland law, only you are.
Link Posted: 10/29/2003 8:21:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yep.

I learn from the best!
[beer]
Link Posted: 10/30/2003 10:05:04 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

There are 2 legal categories for liability regarding shipments, and they become important to this discussion.  It comes down to FOB Dock or FOB Destination.

When you buy something & pay the shipping, you take legal possession of the item at the SHIPPERS location.  FOB Dock.

When you buy something and THEY pay the shipping, you don't take legal possession until it arrives at your location.  FOB Destination.

Consequently, it is my believe that if you buy mags from a guy in Utah, and YOU pay the shipping, you legally own those mags once he gets the money, and he is simply returning your property.

It just as if you were vacationing at the folks house in Arizona and left your mags behind.  Nothing illegal about them mailing your own mags back to you, is there?

Beyond that, the seller in Utah or Arizona isn't bound by Maryland law, only you are.
View Quote

Precisely the reason we are more than happy to ship magazines to California, or any other restricted state. Hope all you Californian's are enjoying your mags!

Cody @ Magazine Specialties
Link Posted: 10/30/2003 10:19:39 PM EDT
[#8]
[b]ComputerGuy,[/b]

Damn!

Its really refreshing for me to see a seller on this board with some real balls.

I am very happy you stand up for the gun owner.

Thank you.
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top